How can I get off jury duty this sucks

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 923969, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Just got a letter saying I got jury duty in October can I get off by telling them I can't sit on their hard wooden seats with me claiming it is hurting my back alot. Also since I had 3 back surgeries last year would this be a good excuse to be dismissed. Please help a bro out and get off jury duty this sucks I hate sitting in a room of authority figures high off my butt.

Sent from my KFASWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. We need the citizens to show up for their civil duties!! You'll be alright doing it for the case....won't ya? Im sure they can get ya a better chair or something! :love-m3j:

3. I'm eating a edible before I go in

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I don't have a problem with that.....ESP if you do it on the daily....Im sure others will disagree with me on it...and thats completely ok!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’ve never shown up. Let the ppl that wanna miss a days work put ppl away for the county.

• Like Like x 4
  6. I'm more normal high and feeling great than I am being sober feeling terrible pain that disrupts my concentration and being adhd and using marijuana I feel more in control I have not needed to take adhd pill in over 12 years thanks to Mary Jane

• Like Like x 1
  7. GLAD to hear it!:passtheshit:

8. #8 killset, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    If you live in the usa and have friends or family that live in another county just temporarily change your address and show the courts. Courts choose the jurors from the county the court house is in. That's what I did. My sister lived 30 minutes away in a neighboring county so I had my mail sent there and did an address change on my license. I was working out of state at the time which wasnt enough to disqualify me and I wasnt willing to miss atleast 3 day of work if not more plus the fuel to drive half way across the usa.

I highly doubt the back thing would work. Lots of people have bad backs or worse and still go on jury duty. They could just bring in a different chair. Even then I bet you would need a doctors excuse for the special treatment.

9. I've been anxiously awaiting being called to do my jury duty all my life.........

10. My girl has been requested to do jury duty twice. In both instances she just wrote a letter that she mailed to the address on the summons, stating that it would cause her undue financial hardship and that she wouldn't be able to pay her rent.
    In both cases she was dismissed without ever having to appear in a courtroom.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hey, I got out by saying I’d be fired. They can’t make you lose your job.

12. Just say you going to work everyday is what puts food on the table. Follow that up by saying go suck one

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I went for jury duty but when they asked if I had any ill feelings toward the police I answered truthfully and they sent me home.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. It is illegal for employers to fire you for going to jury duty.

15. #15 garrison68, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    I served on juries and grand juries in the past, but now I'm permanently excused due to a medical condition. This is how to do it: Go the the doctor ASAP, explain the situation to him, he can then write a note on his stationary stating that it would be painful for you to serve, due to your back injuries and surgeries. Bring the note to the county clerk ASAP. You will likely be excused, as they do not want a mistrial if you're put on a jury and have to leave.

16. I know another great reply that most people don't think of, when questioned as a potential juror in a case. If they ask whether you trust the police, tell them that you were raised to believe that the police never lie, they are duty bound to protect us and are doing a great job, and that you would always believe anything they say over the word of a defendant.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Start off lying.

They asked how I would feel about losing money and/or losing my job and I said I would be pissed off. Nobody wants that juror.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Call them and tell them you want to defer it to December. This is the gangster move. There's usually hardly any trials in December because all the judges and spoiled brats go on vacation. Call in for that month and you're home free.

• Like Like x 2
  19. That is great advice, but I think that he can get out of it easily with a doctor's letter about his back surgeries and pain.

20. Not only is it against federal law to fire an employee for missing work due to jury duty, they also must pay you. Last time I served it was around $65-$70 per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum