How big should my flower box be?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by d0p35m0k3r, Oct 12, 2011.

1. I'm making a new flower box for a 150w hps and the biggest I can do is 2'x3'.
    I'm thinking 2'x2' but lately I've thought of just making it 1'x2'.
    It will be lined with mylar and I plan to have a small scale scrog with as many as 2 but no more than 3 plants in there.

I guess what I wanna know is would it be more beneficial for my buds to have a more narrow box reflecting light off the walls, or more floor area??

Help me out so I can post my result later today!
    -d0p3-

2. Well, doesn't look like its happening today....

I came up with a plan tho, I'm gonna hinge a few pieces of plywood together (sort of like a folding privacy wall, ya know, like ladies got undressed behind in older movies, sometimes leaving a sexy silhouette) and make a cap for it to hang my light and fans.

This way I can have a larger box that I can collapse and fit through a narrow door! No unscrewing or rebuilding, just fold it up and move it!

Look out for a diy coming ur way! ....if anyone cares that is :p

3. Id enjoy seeing what you come up with.

4. Sub'd..

Maybe I can get an idea on how to build my flower box. But Im thinking of making it 3w x 4L x 7 H

5. If your only using a 150 watt hps then 1.5 x 1.5 or like 20 inches x 20 inches would be perfect for light coverage. They are supposed to cover 2 x 2 but ime they get dim outsid of 1.5 feet either way

6. Make as big as possible, but light a 2x2 area. Fans, ducting and whatever else takes up space. Plus you will have a little room to upgrade if you wanted, maybe to a 250w.

I have 4x4 tents, but use 3x3 trays. If that helps.

7. I'm waiting on some power supplies for my fans to make it from hong kong before I get this project rolling.
    I will probably start on the box tomorrow after I pick up some hinges, its looking like I'll probably make it 2x2 maybe 2x3 and 4' tall.
    My lady forbids me to use the whole closet as closet space is quite dear to her, haha.

So hopefully tomorrow I'll link a post to my step by step collapsable box diy! :)

Thanks for all ur input guys!
    -d0p3-