Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Bad Will A Room Smell After A Week Of Being Smoked In?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Big Stuart, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Right lads - have a question here, already checked around for other topics of a similar subject but everyone's situation is different so I'll begin,

Use to smoke multiple joints a day in my bedroom, up until February - was on a trip for four months, and returned and my room noticeably smelt fresher and different, My Ma accepts the fact I smoke and can't do anything cus of my age but obviously would rather I didn't in the house.

Point is she's off on holiday for a week this Sunday, and I want to be able to enjoy that freedom by being able to smoke Js in my room chillin rather than on the roof, want a few pals over for a smoke and that too and it'll be shit having to constantly all bounce outside.

Is this enough to mask the smoke:

If I begin smoking in the room again on Sunday night, through to Friday - and stop for the weekend, spray a fuck load of febreeze, light a strong candle and always keep the window wide open whilst smoking, whilst having sheets down at the door to prevent the rest of the house getting it? Would that two day gap be enough? I'm not smoking any cigarettes or rollies at all inside, just joints. 

I use to use incense but that basically left even more of a smokey smell in the room so fuck that shit. Any help is good help, cheers folks. 

2. The smell usually clears for me in minutes... :confused_2:

3. Just cause you're so used to the smell ^^

It only takes like a day.. two to be sure.

4. In 2 days the smell will be gone.

I smoke in my car and use this orange scented deodorizer from tobacco shops. Works very well.

5. Well.... My apartment always has some form of danky smell to it, but I burn daily in my apartment and have never really tried to get the smell out.... It kind of just goes away when it wants to lol

6. Yeah youre probably right :smoke:

7. #7 CoralReefer90, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    A thing I used to do is wash all my sheets and pillows so they're fresh, nuke the curtains with febreeze and spray my room with some linen smelling air freshener  and open the windows wide. It always worked for me.

Oh, and I used to put a few squirts of aftershave on my doorframe at about head height so when you open the door, the first thing you smell is aftershave.

8. I just put a fan in the window to draw some fresh air in for awhile, works for me.

9. Seriously though,
    Ona liquid + water absorning crystals = ona gel. Throw a fan on that bad boy and viola, no smell at all.

10. The smell of party can be so intense. Espcially if you'r mixing take out and...stinky booty men :confused_2:  lol I use one of those sprays that you can adjust the time like 5 mins, 25 mins, etc and that works really well. open a window....MAYBE some cleanage and I think you'll be fine lol

11. I bong on my couch in my living room. It hasn't been to hot for A/C so windows open, when I wake up in the am its cleared out

12. If I begin smoking in the room again on Sunday night, through to Friday - and stop for the weekend, spray a fuck load of febreeze, light a strong candle and always keep the window wide open whilst smoking, whilst having sheets down at the door to prevent the rest of the house getting it? Would that two day gap be enough? I'm not smoking any cigarettes or rollies at all inside, just joints.

I'd rather just bounce outside and smoke. Why go through all that hassle? It ruins the sesh to be constantly worried about shit. I like to relax when I smoke.

13. Too true. Cleaning constantly and spraying febreeze and shit while you're toking is just a hassle. Why smoke if you're going to be paranoid the whole time about smoke, when you can easily just take a step out onto your porch? Is it honestly that hard?

14. #14 Crony, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
    smoking in room for a week: bad

vaping in room for a week: not bad

15. Just open the window and it will be fine. A fan pointed out the window will help too. I smoke in a room in my basement, and I don't have a window open and it doesn't smell. I just spray and it's good. It smells upstairs though, so if you smoke upstairs with a window open you'll be good. I also get a bounce sheet in the room. If you're really paranoid, just exhale through a bounce sheet, there will be no smell. Put a sheet in a toilet paper roll and exhale through that. 

16. I haven't used ona gel, but i know for a fact odor aborsbers are fucking awesome for getting rid of the smell of weed.

This is honestly your best bet if you have the means to obtain it op. Next best thing would be ozium and a window fan. 

17. couple of days of constant window open fan on and febreezing should do the trick

18. 2 days should be enough. Keep a fan near the window unless it is to cold to do so. After you are done wash all of your blankets/ sheets/ pillow cases/ and any dirty clothes in your room. If you are really worried about the smell then use a pipe, put a coin over the bowl after you are done taking your toke (so no smoke escapes), then exhale through a tube with a bounce sheet on the end ( or a carbon filter)