Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How bad is the smell ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aznskunk, Nov 16, 2011.

1. it wont smell at all if you ventilate it right and filter it right

2. [quote name='"Jawnnay"']The question of if 50 plants will smell, just answer this one.

If you shit in a tupperware container, does it smell like shit?

The undertaking of a 50 plant grow would require very good ventilation, filtration, etc to remain undetected.[/quote]

^ That made me laugh hahaha.

3. I once grew three plants in my closet and the whole back half of the house smelled, with 50 plants people will drive by your house and smell it, gonna need a monster of a carbon filter.

4. [quote name='"aznskunk"']wow guys. obviously i know i will smell. My question is how bad will it smell outside the housewith a very good ventilation system.[/quote]

How bad? Are supposed to measure it?

> < that bad

5. so with supreme carbon filter system and just good ventilation. It won't smell like shit in a tubaware i see.

6. There's no possible way for you to grow 10 plants without your neighbors smelling it, let alone 50? If you're growing for personal use, 3-5 is more than enough. Get educated on the topic before you make decisions, it takes a lot more effort than you would think. For a first time grower 1-4 plants seems like a good amount.

7. yes i understand. and i wasn't just going to go head and grow 50 plants after i find out bout the smell lol. i'm simply gathering information atm. some of you just jump to conclusion. and obivous growing 50 plants is not going to be for personal use.

8. So, let me get this straight. You want to grow because times are rough for you and your's, and you want to grow because bud is expensive where you live. Well then how in the hell are you going to afford the equipment it will take to have a grow that size!?

Either this is a genuine inquiry and you just need to do more research or you are trolling!

9. im from Mn and yes weed here is 4000-4500 per pillow

10. Each plant if taken care off even poorly but enough to get by will yeild 200-300 grams. 500+ grams if you know what your doing. So your saying you want to crop out 15000 grams...So roughly 33 pounds per crop out. I mean I know some people who smoke an ounce a week but NO body can smoke or sell, (unless you know many big buyers) 33 pounds of even schwagg I the 9-10 weeks it takes to grow another crop. Not to mention the smell. Your whole neighborhood will smell.

11. Spitzz i might not never grow anything in my life. moving 30 pounds is ez to me. trust me if i have a right connection and price i wouldn't be here asking these question. and i don't think i you can get 30 pounds off 50 plants btw.

12. 50 plants is a lot lol

13. 200-300 grams? Lolwut? Fux no. If he takes care of the plant poorly he will get up to 2 ounces. That is 60 grams. The max he is getting from an indoor plant is maybe 120 grams. And thats if he grows it big.

And its not that hard to move 30 pounds of bud. Assuming you know people you could sell it for 1000 a pound. And your product would move fast.

14. [quote name='"aznskunk"']hey guys i live in the city but i want to grow maybe around 50 plants in my basement. My question is HOw bad will it smell outside my house? Will my neighbors notice the smell coming from my house?[/quote]

you would need a couple of iodizers hooked up to tubes going out the window. that way it might smell vaguely like ozone outside but wont be as bad and the inside will smell less.

15. They're gonna smell you 2 counties over lol

16. I grew 1 plant for my first grow. My whole house reeked. And I bought the Blue Mystic strain because it was reported to have a low odor. Nope...
    It didn't smell skunky, more like rotting fruit.

And 50 plants is almost a full time job...

17. I think it would be cheaper and make more sense logistically to grow ~10 plants per harvest, but have multiple rooms dedicated to growing. I.e. 10 plants are flowering, 10 plants are curing, 10 plants are sprouting, etc. etc. That way you can keep the flowering smell down and still have your giant yields.