How bad is missing a workout?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TwiztidToker24, Jan 15, 2012.

1. The gym I go to closes for the holidays and I keep ending up missing days. I workout 3 days a week and have 2 alternating workouts. The way my routine is scheduled, if i miss this monday, I will not have worked these muscle groups for 9 days. Is this so long that I will lose muscle or strength in that area? Or are their any other negatives?

2. ITS HORRIBLE YOURE GOING TO DIE

youll be fine man. one more day wont matter, push it hard when it opens up again.

3. Being a P90X user, I’ve learned the bennies of the “push-up” when not able to get my regular workout. Inclined, declined, regular and military. Good for the arms, chest, back, shoulders, and great for the core. Regardless, a couple weeks of not working out will not harm or turn you into a couch potato.

4. One day off won't hurt anything, sometimes a take a few days off in a row because your body just needs rest, that's where you build muscle. Just don't make it a habit, its as easy to slip out of your routine as it was to get into it

5. working out is all about regularity

simple as that

if you miss 1 day no biggie

if you miss 1 week just get back into it

if you miss 1 month your body will start to question you

if you miss 1 year you dun goofed

6. Yeah I reccommend looking up some work outs you can do in your room in a quick 10 min. Then you truly have nothing to worry about :)

7. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN-cAsvzsh0[/ame]

Less than two months later:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH4hhC-aVHI[/ame]

8. Not the end of the world. If theres absolutely no way I could work out though i'd probably just bust out some push ups and pull ups at home...

9. Yeah i'm in the same situation right now, I use the school gym to work out and we're snowed in right now.:D

Gonna see if I can sneak into the weight room to get some squats off.:smoke: