Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How bad is BHO for your body?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CMsmoker95, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Been interested in dabbing lately and I noticed that one kind of wax you can get called BHO has a lot of butane in it. It seems like that wouldn't be a good thing...

2. yeah it hasn't been out for a long time there hasn't been much research or any research at all about it. but i like concentrates once every blue moon, but just use on your own risk..

3. I don't think I wana hit any of that shit. Ill stick to quality, pure concentrates.

4. What the fuck are you talking about? If you don't know unpurged goop from bho don't smoke it. This thread is ridiculous, no offense

5. [quote name='"Beagle"']What the fuck are you talking about? If you don't know unpurged goop from bho don't smoke it. This thread is ridiculous, no offense[/quote]
    dude don't be an asshole. I just wanted to know more about it.

6. [quote name='"Beagle"']What the fuck are you talking about? If you don't know unpurged goop from bho don't smoke it. This thread is ridiculous, no offense[/quote]

Agreed.
    The Bho is made with butane, the butane evaporates In seconds and left behind is your oil/wax/

7. If you want to know more why would you post the first post like it was fact?

Lol. Properly made and purged BHO oil has no BHO left in it... its just what they used to extract it...

Like ISO or water. Those hash's dont have ISO or water left in it, now do they?

8. Also a lot of people say they taste the butane when it's really just the hash. Even with bubba hash and qwiso

9. make sure its been purged properly and it should be gooood :smoke:

10. pot meet kettle...

please learn about the subject before you spout off about it.

BHO should be well purged, butane allowed to evaporate...you can research the rest to remove that IGNORANCE you seem to have about the subject.

11. uh...no it doesn't...takes longer...unless you like sucking down some butane fumes because you can't wait for the BHO to properly purge....

Don't spread misinformation...it could lead to some kiddies getting poisoned....or confuses people, like OP.

12. If it's made properly and the right way. There is no harm at all.

13. Here is a MSDS sheet for butane.
    http://www.hovensa.com/pdf/butane.pdf

Butane is not considered toxic to inhale, although inhaling large concentrations can cause you to get dizzy, give you headaches and make you tired.

When I was first learning about making oil, I definitely had some pretty poorly purged batches. It sizzled when I dabbed it and gave me headaches, but I lived. I wouldn't urge you to do the same, but there is no need to panic if you do happen smoke some nasty 'tane oil.

It won't kill you, but try to track down good BHO, sans all that extra 'tane. It tastes better and is more enjoyable when you don't have a headache.

14. Properly purged bho doesn't contain butane. And even if it did butane isn't that dangerous to inhale. You smoke bowls with a lighter? You're inhaling butane.