How bad is a marijuana conviction?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by psycicmind, Aug 8, 2013.

1. #1 psycicmind, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    So I'm an epileptic who unfortunately lives in Maryland and even more unfortunate to have his grow discovered.  

There were 2 females, and one male plant.  

I grew for strict personal medical use, and have the medical records etc. to back it up.  However I'm sure they'll convict me anyway regardless of my situation.  The courts would be the last people to show me or anyone else mercy.  

I'm pursuing a degree to be a Physical Therapist Assistant.  But now I'm thinking that after I go to court, I'll never be able to find a job in my field ever.  I really hope I'm over reacting and just being paranoid but good news is a rare thing for me these days.

You can't expunge convictions in Maryland.
    Is there anyone who has gone through this on here?  Will I be able to find a well paying job or will I be forced into destitution until I die?

Any comments from anyone with some life experience on this topic would be appreciated.

For anyone who has gone through something similar, how hard was it for you to find a job?

2. If they convict you it will follow you for the rest of your life (convicted felon of marijuana) I havent been able to find a job in 6 months and cant get into the military so im an apprentice welder now..