How are they? And when will they show gender signs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by photonist, Jan 4, 2011.

1. This is my first grow. I use 24 hours 60w + 80w 6500k CFL. Ventilation and humidity is good. I water them every 1.5 days when the soil gets noticibly dry and i use nutes since i had a nitr. deficiency and all leaves were yellow now i am on nutes and with the new lighting they grow sick fast

The little one is 1weeks and 6 days old. I yesterday changed the lights it was 80W total now its 140W

Do they need more lights for now And when do you think they will show gender signs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And any advises

2. They should show sex w/ in a week or so of flipping the lights to 12/12. Looking good keep em growing.

3. thanks for quick response and do you think they will get longer or CFL lighting makes ak48 midgetish?

4. veg them for a month or more and they should start showing preflowers after they mature and switch to asymetrical growth.

5. Think about it like this, when a plant needs light, it stretches really tall toward the light.

If they're staying compact right now under 18/6 or 24/0, then that's a good thing, meaning that they have adequate light so they're not stretching and getting long and skinny.

Once you flip to 12/12 and start flowering, during that 12 hours of dark, for the first few weeks, they will stretch to about 2 or 3 times the height they were before you switched. That's a good time to train them out so all the budspots get light.

Make sure to pay attention to how much space you have for them to get tall, and flip the lights to 12/12 when they're 1/3 to 1/2 of the target height.