How Are The Cops In Your Area?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thesmokeyturtle, Jun 9, 2010.

1. We all know that there are cops that can be complete dicks but there are also cops that are cool in some cases and will let things slide. How are the cops where you come from?

I live in Maryland but go to college in Georgia. I've never had any weed-related run-ins with the cops in Maryland, just two speeding tickets and a warning.

In Georgia though, I was coming back from a party while I was tripping and bought some herb off of some random guy off the street. We got stopped by a fucking huge herd of pigs (12 or so) and I got shoved up against a wall and searched for no reason, as did everyone else. I lied to the cop and told him I didn't have anything on me (I was tripping and thought that he would believe me. Go figure) but then he grabbed the outside of my pocket and it crinkled. Says the piggy "What the fuck am I going to find in there?" and I, sir tripping face, responds "Oh, just a bag of sticky weed officer."

At that point the door of the cop car was opened and I was about to be handcuffed when I said "Wait, officer, I don't want to go to jail" (just tripping face). He asked me why he shouldn't arrest me and I actually convinced him not to because I get straight A's, have been a professional designer for companies around the world since age 15, etc. Nice things like that.

Long story short, he let me go with a warning but told me if he saw my friends or I in the ghetto again we were fucked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another occasion, a cop rolled up behind this building we used to smoke behind a lot. He didn't see us smoking, but we were obviously not supposed to be there at 2 in the morning and sitting in a circle probably didn't help our cause.

He was a young officer and was extremely nice the entire time, but did arrest quite a few of my friends. I didn't get arrested because I only had papers on me but other people in the group had shit on them so they went to jail. One of my friends sadly didn't even know that he had a tiny stash pipe in his pocket and he got arrested. My other stupid friend was carrying a campbells soup stash can on him filled with weed and actually got off because he confessed right upfront about it!!! I can see carrying around a stash tea or soda can but soup???? Stupid as fuck.

My girlfriend actually ditched her bowl and weed and another friend ditched his pipe and after everyone was arrested the young cop asked what stuff belonged to who and my girlfriend and friend confessed and he let them off. So he turned out to be pretty cool even though he arrested some of my friends because he could have arrested them too. The other cops there were dicks though.

I'm going to post detailed stories later in the "real life stories" section because these are pretty good stories that I'm sure you guys would like to hear, even though they have their sad parts.

But those were just my examples of my run-ins with the cops in Georgia. How are the pigs where you come from?

2. hell yeah man. high five to you for actually telling a decent fucking story in the RLS section
    edit; the cops around here are usually pretty chill, but not always. but state cops suck, fuck em

3. That's a pretty scary story, OP.

I'm in NJ/NYC and cops are pretty lax on stoners, they've got bigger fish to fry like murders in Newark and sexual assaults in New York. I've smoked on the street many times, but only because I didn't see any police. Bolski and I were walking to the store and took a pipe along for the walk and didn't realize we were toking right across the street from a parked cop car. We were lucky because he was too busy staring at the intersection in front of him. But if someone stops you in a car, you're FUCKED.

4. #4 moose420, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    Well typically the cops in my area are dicks about weed....but if i ever do get pulled over all i have to do is mention my dad or uncles name (both cops in the area lol) and i'm golden...i've only been pulled over twice and both times got a warning, neither time did i have weed in the car and the only time i do have weed in the car is when i'm driving home from picking it up...but either way i can't see a cop trying to search a cops sons car. So there are a few perks to having law enforcement in your family haha

5. im here in khartoum, sudan.If you are part of the well known families, they dont do shit to ya. but if youre just a regular guy you can get fucked over bigtime for having a seed imprisonment,lashings.Having more than an ounce can get you the death penalty:eek: theres alot of corruption here, sometimes you can just pay your way out of it, but only sometimes.

6. most of them r assholes in my area:rolleyes: but i've met some nice cops too though

7. They're chill. We blaze in my girl's driveway in direct view of her neighbor every single day. We also blaze and drink (have friends from 18-22, I am 20 in 6 days) openly straight across the street from that same neighbor at our friend's house.

Their neighbor is a cop, whose brother (also in the police) lives 3 houses down. Sounds foolish to you, but these guys are more concerned with being neighbors and upstanding people than busting some kids trying to have a good time.

We have one dirty cop that everyone knows by name, but you're more or less in the clear otherwise. We blaze blunts while walking in the streets all the time without any issue. We don't make it obvious, but a blunt is a blunt...

8. Don't know, never been caught by the 5-0

9. Good stories.

Never had problems, I drive safe and try not to smoke in sketchy places.

My town cops would mostly be dicks, other than the one that works at the local highschool!

10. Never actually been caught, but my friends and I walk around town passing joints and when the cops drive by we just wave, joint in hand..

And yeah, I'm serious. Small towns are awesome.

11. #11 PineappleGuy, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    I live near Chicago and have never been arrested for weed every time I get messed with I tell them what I have and where and 75% of the time the cops will leave it there because I was honest and I never bring more than a gram when I leave unless its a special occasion. Got charged by state troopers for a pipe years ago but got it dropped in court because the cop fucked up. I never gave him consent to search and he still did, courts threw it out as it was all on video. But all in all they have better things to do out here as we have more homicides in the city of Chicago alone ( not including all the surrounding suburbs ) than armed forces deaths in Iraq since the first of the year. Its a war zone out here.

12. Cops around here are chill as fuck.

Driving to the liquor store after watching a hockey game at the bar. I'm not going to lie, I was 2 pitchers deep and probably shouldnt have been driving but oh well. It happened. Anyways, my buddies are screaming at people out my window when I see the car behind me light up. Fuck. Alright pull over and they come to my window stating I had warrents for my arrest :eek:

So they cuff me, search me, and sit me in the back of the car leaving my 4 friends to chill wondering what the fuck I could possibly have warrents out for. (Drunk in public, and public urination, no biggie I just didnt pay my tickets) As we are filling out paperwork and shit another cop car pulls up and comes to the 1st cops windows and asks what the scoop is. They give them the low down, stating my friends are jack asses. When they mentioned that I asked the cop if he could fuck with my friends back in the car.

Long story short he told my friends I was going in for murder, and they spent 15 minutes in the back of my car freaking out. I got let off with a PTA. They didnt even search my car.

13. Mine are pretty average. They'll bust you for smoking if they catch you but they're not complete assholes about it, just doing their job.

14. Not really in my area, but back when i was 16-17 or so, my mom got tickets to a show at Niagera falls. It was a Hendrix tribute thing, So niagera falls is like the weed capital of ontario, they have a whole street of head shops, so weed is pretty chill, So i am outside my hotel, just puffing away on a big blunt and two cops roll up on me, I say fuck it, if i am going in i am going in high so i start taking in big tokes, they walk up, ask if i have any bud on me, other then the blunt, i say no, (rest was up stairs), They ask me to put the blunt down on the stairs of the fire escape and that because i was smoking weed they have the right to do a external search, (pat down for anything hard) All i had to do was explain what ever they felt, and make sure i had no weapons on me. They asked me why i was in town and i explained i was a hendrix fan and they said oh your here for the show, i said yeah, on come said " we are going too" They looked at each other and said " if we take him in he is going to miss a kick ass show", We started talking about how the show is going to be pretty sick, even for a tribute and that they did the same thing when they were my age, get stoned and go to shows (they lived around there) they proceeded to tell me that just up the street from me was a nice wooded area and that no cops will be driving around there, so if i wanted to smoke from now on just go and walk up there. I thanked them and they left. It was pretty chill, talking to cops about music and stuff while i had a blunt in my hand. (wasn't smoking but still).

15. I've yet to run across even a semi-decent or nice cop. Where I live they are corrupt pigs who think they can run the streets. No one around here has any respect for them because of they way they act and treat civilians. I'm hoping someday a cop proves to me that not all low life policemen are scum balls.

16. Cops around here are just dicks. They do their job and don't really harass people all that but they drive and act like dicks and have a reputation for almost causing accidents where ever they are.

They never signal when they change lanes or are turning and all drive about 25 over the speed limit. Just makes everyone hate them around here.

Funny story. Was at ECU a few weeks ago and was outside my friends dorm and 2 cop cars and the Campus PD van roll up where we are and film a few drunk kids getting molested by cops. Some of our friends were smoking a j about 20 feet away watching :D

17. I apparently ran into the coolest cop in Irvine.

Back when Pineapple Express came out i took this girl to go see the midnight showing. We had a bottle of Jager and a a fat sack.

After the showing got out we blazed and drank some more and i drove to take her home. On the way back i get pulled over by the cop. The bottle of jager was in the passenger door and i had literally just blazed not 5 minutes before. Luckily he didn't notice either. I wasn't drunk or anything but still...nerves.

He asked me what we were doin and i told him we saw the movie.

"Pineapple Express? Oh, man! Was it funny? I want to see that."

I was flabbergasted and told him it was good. At that point some guy riding a bike with no lights rode by and the cop said have a nice night.

I equate that cop to the sperm that gets the egg cuz that guy was 1 in a million.

18. Hey officer how are you doing today? (Joint in hand)

19. Never had a run in with the police, hopefully it stays that way.