How are my plants doing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by midgaar, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Ok first time grower here. One of my plants has already died and while the other 3 look healthy to me I'd like to get a second, third, and even forth opinion. DWC hydro system vegging at almost 2 weeks. PPMs at 460 using GH floranova Grow. Currently under two 65watt CFLs, will be under 400watt HPS during flowering.

[​IMG]

The leafs aren't really spaced like they appear, the picture was taken just as the fan passed by them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm concerned about the ever so slight wilt in the tips of some of the bigger leafs. Should the stem be purple/red like they are? Some, not all, of the roots also have a very slight brown tint to them, is this normal? Think I should have the HPS on during the veg? So what do you all think? What would you do diffrent?

Thanks!

2. Get the HPS in there, 130w isnt gunna grow 3 plants. And you should have a healthy white root mass, I think brown roots means root rot but I am not 100% sure.

3. Is there a reason why so many people insist on using CFL ? i understand that it does work. but i havent seen anything to impresive...... even a cheap 150 dollar 400 watt metal halide lamp will give really impresive results compared to cfl.

I got a 400watt hps for $130 on ebay.

just look at what 1 hps will do for u http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/212641-white-widow-pics.html

4. ahh ok, didny see up there where u said ur gonna switch to hps.

Your plants seem to look ok. I would just veg them under the hps. you will get faster growth.

5. The 130w CFLs arn't enough even just for veg? I have the HPS in there just haven't turned it on yet. Also the roots are mostly white, just a tint of brown...I'll take a picture quick.

The picture was taken under the orange light so they look a little browner then they really are, but here's a pretty good idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a couple more I snapped that might be helpful...

This HPS isn't being used at the moment
    [​IMG]

Here's what I'm using to veg
    [​IMG]

6. your ppm seems a little high for this stage under cfl's. what's the temp of your rez? you should keep it under 70. looks like a nice set-up.

7. look nicer then mine..lol

8. Don't know the temp of the res, but the water seems below 70, it's cold to the touch.

9. get an aquarium thermometer at wal-mart. rez temp. is key to keeping your girls healthy.