How are my girls doing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by camel, May 13, 2007.

1. Hey guys :wave:,
    I just wanted to know what you think of my 2 plants. They're both 18 days old since sprouting, and have been under about 70 watts of CLF's each. My only concern is that the leaves are VERY droopy on my indica. They perk up back to normal after I water them, but about a couple hours later they start drooping again. Also, do you think I should start giving them fertalizers now? And I'm going to be putting them into flowering in about a week or so, because of the limitations of my grow cabinet, Is this too early?
    Any and all advice would be helpful, and thanks for reading this.

[​IMG]
    My sativa named "England"
    [​IMG]
    My indica named "St. Larry" (don't ask, I was very high)
    [​IMG]
    St. Larry's droopy leaves

If you guys need any more information, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to respond.

2. Anybody? All comments are appreciated.

3. They all look fine.
    You can feed them at 1/4 strength. If you have room constraints, I guess they will have to go in flower 12/12 soon. What kind of soil are they in? Do the pots have holes and peat gravel at the bottom for drainage?

4. nah man. u can flower from seedling... i actually wish i would have started flowering in the 3rd to 4th week ... i would be smokin already and prolly wouldnt have had the problems im having with them rite now.. my grow is at 45 days and its shed all its fan leaves...
    as for the droopyness maybe u should add some more perlite when u transplant... ur goin to transplant before flowering rite? anyway let us know man, ill be watchin this grow..
    if u get a chance take a look at my journal.. it may help a bit..

5. They're in off brand no nutrient soil right now, I transplanted them about 4 or 5 days ago. There isn't very much drainage with the new soil, nor is there any peat gravel or perlite. I was planning on not transplanting them, but do you guys think they'll need to be? And if they need perlite, what would be the best way to add it to the soil? One last question, do you know of any cheap fertilizers for flowering (since they're not going to be in vegetative for that much longer)? I'd like to go organic, or maybe something I can even whip up at home.

6. Damn, forgot to ask this one, St. Larry is 8 inches tall and England is a foot tall, my grow space is about 3 1/2 feet tall, and I've heard that the plants double in size during flowering, so do you think i'll have enough room? By pure logic, it's obvious they will, but I need room for lights and such. How tall should I let them get before I put them into flowering?

7. You could flower now but its purely up to you. If you do flower, transplant into a 10"+ pot and top it. You might need to transplant again depending on the depth of the pot, when I decide to flower I will be going into a 10" pot, then transplanting into another 14" pot thats much deeper.

8. What size is your pot now camel? You can flower some strains from seed but, not all respond well and all strains will have limited yield that way. You should flower yours now since you have height restrains. You could also try LST to keep them short. To add perlite just buy a bag and mix it in to the soil with 2/3 soil 1/3 perlite ratio. Good organic flowering fertilizer would be guano or Fox Farms.

9. They're both in 10" pots (diameter wise). St. Larry's leaves are touching the sides of the pot, and are starting to fold upwards to recieve light. Should I cut a bit off the top of the container? And one more thing, St. Larry's leave stems are purple, is this a trait among any specific strain? They're just bagseeds I got from some schwag, so I'm not sure what they are.

10. how much water are you givin your plants at the moment camel , as i have 3 plants basically same heights as yours ? ,

11. About once every 3 days, or when they start to look droopy. I'm also on an 18/6 cycle to save money on electricity(not very much, but it helps), this is my first grow, and they're bagseed.

12. hey camel, you should just add more soil to your pots so st. larry doesnt curl up inside the pot. but besides that, start flowering this weekend (may 18th or 19th) so you can start your next batch of white rhino :)

13. I started my plants in a house at 24/0 of light(for 2 months exactly), then moved to an appartment and decided not to waste more electricity and time by growing them 18/6 i put them on 12/12 and they are growing more vigorously (hight, speed and potency) they already have many hairs, ( the makings of killer bud ) and its only the middle of the 2nd week of flower, put em on 12/12 and do yourself and them a favor.

14. LST them before you flower. Flowering increases thickness of stems, which means LST will be harder to do. Check out DierWolf's guide.

15. How would I go about exactly tying down the stem to the pot. Could I like staple it to the pot or something?

16. Id get rid of the "Larry" name before you know its sex and give it a female name... thas bad luck lol.

17. what you could do is take them and poke a hole in the pot, tie string to pot and other end to plant. Wud prob be easier then stapleing

18. I'm putting them into flowering tonight, I'm gonna turn the lights on at 12AM and off at 12PM, to fit my schedule. I decided not to LST them as my grow space is hectic enough as it is, and it's my first grow and I'm afraid i'll snap the stems. Wish me luck, and one last question. How long untill they'll show sings of sex? And I guess this is my unofficial grow journal, I'll be updating with pics in the next few days.
    Oh, and one other thing, the very first set of leaves (not the cotylodons) on saint larry have big yellow spots on them, and one part of the leaf has been eaten off I think. I don't think it's a nitrogen deficiency, because the yellow is just in spots, not slowly creeping up on the leaves. Any body know what's going on here?

19. Oh noes! something ate St. Larry! :eek:
    I think it was ants or something, I saw one in my pot before I transplanted it, but I thought I killed it. Quick, what should I do before he eats the whole plant?
    Also, I couldn't get any good pics so I had to make one in MS paint, sorry.

[​IMG]

20. Go to the hardware store and get something called" Eight". It kills almost everything since you don't know what it is. Hopefully it is not a bunny or a cat because that won't help. Neem oil also works well.