how am i doing? almost 6 weeks, how much more till harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnjohn, Oct 15, 2009.

1. BTW, do you guys think that a 30x jewelers eye loupe magnifying glass will be good enough to see the trichs when to harvest?

2. another question on harvesting: i read that the time of harvest controls the "hgh" of the buds as in harvesting early with only a few of the pistils turned color, the buds will have a more pure THC content and will have less THC that has turned to CBD and CBN, the later you harvest, with most pistlils turning brown, the more physical not head high you will get. Somewhere else I also read that at the very end of flowering the buds get the biggest so you don't want to harvest too early.

Well, I'm looking for the pure head high, mostly all THC and little CBD and CBN, but i don't want to lose on the yield by harvesting too early, so considering that, when do you think i should harvest?

3. here is an pic update

Attached Files:

• c1.jpg
      c1.jpg
      File size:
      628.9 KB
      Views:
    • c2.jpg
      c2.jpg
      File size:
      641.7 KB
      Views:
    • c3.jpg
      c3.jpg
      File size:
      340.5 KB
      Views:
  4. #24 newb101, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
    wow this plant is very green and beautiful!! this is gonna get you so fucked up i cant wait to see the final product! i think you should flush it soon you def dont wanna pull it early! the 30x will do fine! just refer to the trich guide i posted previous in this thread!

5. anyone have a comment on the harvesting question?

6. Simple: examine the trichs, and don't go by how the pistils look. If you want a 'headier' high, less couchlock, I'd start flushing when you have 50% cloudy trichs - flush for a week, examine again, and if they're still mostly cloudy with some ambered up, harvest. Others with more experience should chime in shortly and correct me :)

7. i plan on using cfls as well but i wanna do some lst. But thats a real pretty plant. i hope you get a good yield outta it.. good luck!!

8. #28 KittensOnPCP, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    Listen to Zombo, and if you live in the states, radioshack has a nice microscope to check trichomes, it's a pocket microscope and it's about $10. The pistils are not what you look at to determine harvest, it's the trichomes. Trichomes looks like small mushrooms on the plant that go from clear, to milky, to amber colored. Just remember - the trichomes continue to ripen even after harvest.

9. sounds good, i think i am pretty close, will post a picture update soon...

i have been feeding it only water for the last week but when you say flush, do you mean that I should water it alot, like pour 6 gallons of water into the 2 gallon pot?

10. i'm curious about this 'flushing' too, if someone could enlighten us... me and johnjohn are almost at the exact same state in out plants growth. mine just started it's 7th flowering week

11. Very nice cfl grow looks like your gona have some great stuff even after all your babys been through:D..im starting my 2nd grow just got some sprouts yesterday cant wait till i have something like that..keep us updated

12. picture update guys...

I am a couple days away from 8 weeks into flowering, when do you think I should harvest?

I want the sative type head high, also i have been feeding it water for the last week or so but should I flush the plant as in feed it 6 gallons of water at one time?

Attached Files:

• s1.jpg
      s1.jpg
      File size:
      513.5 KB
      Views:
    • s2.jpg
      s2.jpg
      File size:
      867.6 KB
      Views:
    • s3.jpg
      s3.jpg
      File size:
      617.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Id harvest soon if you want a head high mainly

14. looks good to me, i would give it a week or two at least, from what i hear, the buds don't get full and plump until the very end.... keep 'em goin'., let us know how it goes!!!

15. he wants a sativa head high though so if he waits its going to become a couch locker

16. So if you wanted it somewhere in between you would try and cut when? If you cut when half the trichs are amber, where are you for the high at that point?

17. if half are amber its couch lock
    and degrading soon will be the THC so thats when you'd wanna chop cause they still ripen after chop kind of like a green banana to a yellow banana

if its cloudy thats head high and any lower amount of amber is mix

Generally
    every strains different but thats the median

18. So if I cut at say 1/4 amber that should create a nice medium, would you say?

19. now i just have to keep that nugget in my frail mind for the next few months.. :smoking: