House Proposal Targets File Swappers

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadChimp, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Not sure if any of you have read this, but it sounds like they're pretty serious on making illegal file trading, uh more illegal.

"Their legislation, introduced Wednesday, would punish an Internet user who shares even a single file without permission from a copyright holder with prison terms of up to five years and fines of up to $250,000..."

Here's the link if you want to read more:
    ZDNET

2. fuck it..... if they saw my comp, i'd be ion jail for a loooooooooong time....lol mp3's are addictive so are movies... but hey...what else is the net for...taking away file sharing would make the net useless....lol....

3. No way in hell they can take on ALL of us...

4. thats what I was thinkin, the only thing they can really do is try to scare us away by pressing charges on a few people.

5. I heard something about someone now being able to narrow down who you are on the fast track network (kazaa). I'm not sharing any more files at the current time, but I still retain my collection of over 2500 mp3's. I have over 100 movies burnt to cd and another 20 or so between my two computers.

6. If you guys havent checked recently the kazaa(s) are now equipped with a blocker for the scans they do. the reason i sat kazaa(s) is my good old friend kazaa lite spyware and adware free www.kazaalite.com

7. you gotta love kazaa lite. I need to update mine when I'm feeling less lazy and mebbe more high.

8. I'm a WinMX user myself, there are less files, but at least you're getting the right one. A lot of the file names on Kazaa are so fucking misleading. I think WinMX will probably be one of the last networks targeted, so I feel pretty much safe. Not like a 56k user can share a lot of files anyway. :)

9. ha... kazaa is an inferior prog...

use soul seek, sooooo much more of what ever your looking for on thier.. plus very friendly users....usually...

its more of a world wide thing too...

10. fucking facist bastards!

they keep trying to shatter teh revolution.. but the revolution will keep fighting back.

11. Frrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedoooooooom...........!

srry, i get a lil crazy sometimes...... :D

12. i use grokster but my friends use kazaa lite

13. I use Kazaa Lite with a 56K modem. Insanely slow, but better than nothing.

Fight the system! (Trust me)