hour of day to harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ISTANDALONE, Aug 7, 2006.

1. i've heard that it's best to harvest (assuming your taking the whole plant, not just colas and let the rest flower some more) about a half hour after your lights turn on in the morning. any truth to this? if not, any suggestions as to when to chop them (morning or night?)

2. the idea is that light degrades the thc so people go as far as 24 hrs of darkness prior to harvest.

3. The best time to harvest your plant is actually more like a half hour after the lights turn out as opposed to after they turn on. Potency will not degrade with these few extra hours of light. This will enable your girl to sticky up for one last day. :p

4. Yes.
    Harvest them during the plant's night time not its day time. 24 hours of dark right before harvest is good too I think.

5. I have let plants go several days of solid dark before harvest. The theory is that this tricks the plant into thinking it is approaching winter and in a desparate last-ditch effort to procreate it will turn all its energies to producing resins to catch a grain of pollen.

What I have never done is grow plants of the same strain under identical conditions and then at the end give one light until the end and deprive the other to see how they compare. So, I can't tell you that I know for a fact that cutting the light raises potency. I can tell you for sure (he said in a daze) that it doesn't hurt 'cuz my grow is knock-out.