Hotel Party?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Jun 2, 2010.

1. #1 mos_def, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    Visiting friends in Destin for their graduation. Was thinking about throwing a hotel party.
    What are the risks that can come with this? We are all only 18 but there will probably be alcohol and weed..

2. I wouldn't sign that shit in your name if you can't trust your friends.

If someone ends up breaking something you'll have to pay for it. etc.

3. Yeah i didn't plan on signing it in my name haha.
    But i mean, let's say the cops come, and they find like a gram of weed or something.
    Will that get EVERYONE in trouble, or just the roomholder?

4. Nope, you're all potentially fucked. Especially if the cop feels like being a dick.
    Same thing with underage drinking.

5. we do it in cali but they get busted if they get to big

6. I have never heard of a successful hotel party, not saying they don't exist.

The best things to do if you are obviously under 21 is hold it during the day/ into the early night. Also, keep it inside the room. Nosy pricks will call the manager if they see 18 year old's stumbling in and out of a room.

Good luck.

7. I've been to a few hotel bangers in the last few months. Basically just dont make tons of noise, you can talk and have fun, but don't get so drunk you start acting reckless. Because the cops will be there before you know it. depends on how many people you're gonna have there.

8. Make sure the rooms on the ground floor in case you need to go out the window ;)

A bunch of 18 year olds drinking always turns into a big immature drunkfest. This is why I don't party with people that young anymore. The girls always get drunk and cry and the guys always wanna act like tough shit and fight even though they are still little boys.

9. Your description is spot the f' on to some highschool parties I've seen. After about 1pm it's all crying and fighting.

Still though we can't generalize all people under 18 like this. I've partied with plenty of kids who are chill as hell.

10. Oh for sure, but I just prefer to not put myself in that situation anymore. I don't deal with kids, I'd rather just hit the bar :D

11. I've been to alot of "21+" parties (I'm not 21 myself, but I'm always a chill drinker and friends with the person holding the party), the last time I went it was a double kegger and after a keg and a half it was all crying and fighting except for the handful of underage people there who were chilling in the basement.

On topic, hotel parties are just a bad idea. It's no fun to party somewhere you can't play music and worry about noise level. But if you think you can trust everyone you're inviting when they get wasted go for it. Also how are you going to get a group of people into the room without management noticing?

12. Obviously you drink with some losers.

13. QFT

Be prepared to get the cops called on you. It happens at every hotel party I have ever been to. You get more than 4 people in a room it gets loud quick.

14. Yea, I try to not make a habit out of drinking with them.

15. ok heres a few tips,

1. find the least sketchy hotel
    2. try and get a room on the top floor.
    3. get a smoking room. you can smoke weed in this, i would not smoke cigs though. shit gets OUT OF HAND
    4. dont have mad people outside the door smoking cigarettes.
    5. bring a boombox or cd player or some shit. just make sure it doesnt go over a certain volume. you dont need to be THAT quiet.
    6. bring a beer pong table.
    7. bring some munchies for the microwave.
    8. DO NOT book the hotel on a day where people actually need a hotel. EX: sunday night.
    9. if there are a lot of cars in the lobby you might want to call if off. unless there your friends cars.

most of the hotel partys i go to are decent, theres always mad people at the hotel partying too.

nothing is going to get broken, so don't worry about the deposit. and dont let a bunch of people go to the pool or hot tub. especially the pool. drunk people outside in a pool, turns into a bunch of people going fucking ape shit

16. good tips!
    we've decided to rent out two condo rooms beside each other so i'm pretty sure we'll be good.

17. just be careful with the noise volume, esp since you said most of you are under 21... keep the alcochol in the room and make sure to put ll the evidence in a garbage bag and throw it out before you leave so its a clean room! :)

enjoy the party!

18. Remember to report back to us on how it goes.

When is it?

Hope all goes well for you.

19. i've done this numerous times and as long as you use common sense and don't let any dumbass people in then you should be ok.

beer pong is a must.

20. one condo for beer pong, the other for partying. ehhhhh, doesnt sound as cool as it did in my head. but i would definitely be in the beer pong condo. haha

edit:

oh yeah but it will be fine, even if you get a hotel. dont sketch out