Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hot or Cold water?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WhatsaBong, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I've been wondering all day? What's better Hot or Cold water for a Bong? Or does it even matter?

I was reading some stuff on the forums, and some guy said Hot water was the shit, etc.
    But I was always told cold water is the way to go?

So if you could, tell me which one's "better"? (I'd love to know why also);)

2. I don't notice too much of a difference, and usually I just use cold water cause it'll cool down the smoke so it doesn't hit as harsh.

3. Try both, see what you prefer. Cold water cools the smoke, and some people say it is easier on the lungs, whereas hot water creates water vapor, which some people say is easier on the lungs.

It is personal preference. Personally I like cold water. But if you feel in the mood for some tang, use gatorade. It adds a wonderful fruity flavor.

4. #4 ignila, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    I always smoke with cold water, but I vape with hot water in my bong before bed sometimes. Try smoking through hot water and tell us what you think, I've actually never tried it. Maybe I will right now haha.
    *edit*
    I tried it last night and it was actually pretty good. Not any better or worse than cold water, just a little different. Maybe I'll try hot water with ice and see how that goes

5. warm water is really relaxing

I wish i used it more often

Pair it with a nice indica and it will put you to sleep lol

6. Nahh OP, fuck gatorade. It'll just make your bong sticky as fuck. What you really should do is use water (any temperature) and get a bong with an ice catcher. The ice is really what makes the smoke cooler.

7. When i used hot water i didnt even feel the smoke going down. I prefer hot water.

8. spice it up! variety is always nicee