hot ass homebox!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LEGACY420, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Hello All, I have a homebox xs (24 by 24 by 36) that I have been using for a few months. I just finished harvesting from a CFL grow. I bought a 250 watt MH/HPS to step my game up! I hooked it up and let it run to see how the temps would be. let it run for like 10 minutes and I came back and the temp was 110 degrees!!!!!!!! it was around 65-70 b4 i turned it on. i have a axl fan for the exhaust hooked up to a diy carbon filter and a small fan in the box. neither were on I am sure the temp will drop a bit with them on but what else can I do to severly decrease the temps to around 85 at most? I am sure someone is running a 250 watter in a small grow tent like mines. Any advice is appreciated!:confused:

2. me personally,
    i would think a box that small
    would be better suited as a clone/mother chamber.
    using floros and cfls.. thats just me tho.. as for your heat
    situation, hopefully somebody can assist you..

3. my grow box is almost exactly that big, and I use CFL's. ...I doubt you could use any other lights...just not enough space...
    But, I'm interested in your last CFL grow. Do you have a journal?...if you don't you should post some pictures...please :]
    Goodluck fixing the temp problem. Vent some air from outside in the dead of winter would be the only solution I could think of...heh

4. Yeah guys thanks alot for all of your help.:mad: did you two just post to get your posting #'s up because you didn't help me at all. and no I am not going to post anything from my last grow.

5. #5 Bank404, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
    No need to act like a hoe... They were trying to help you.
    Stop bitchin.

btw i got the HB Xs(2actually) and it's 2'x2'x4' not 2'x2'x3'.

I run a 400w and a 250w with no problem. You need a high powered fan not no pussy axial fan. Also you need a cooltube to even operate something of that caliber in such a small enclosed space.

Go get a vortex fan or a another high powered fan of that sort.

Something like this;
    http://www.businesslights.com/vortex-inch-449-cfm-high-power-inline-fan-p-1444.htm

ps I doubt they trying to get they post count up.
    Learn some respect before you post back...

6. get a bigger fan and cooltube like bank said, PC fans are not made to pump out high volumes of air and I doubt its even running your carbon scrubber very well.

7. LMAO Thanks bank404 and cez I knew if I said something like my last comment it would get someone to reply with some actual intelligence. I am not acting like a hoe I just know how to pull people's strings to get a response. It worked for you bank yeah I am in the process of getting a better fan. and maybe make a cool tube. lmao learn some respect :wave: internet thugs are the funniest types.

8. okay whatever.

there's no need to act like that though to get posts.
    I like you find me telling you to find some respect ethugging.

9. you were acting like a ho3. second acting like a ho3 doesn't get you answers.

10. ha....your cool

11. I am considering buying a homebox and this thread provided me some good info on it. So thanx guys.

@LEGACY420, you were being an ass. And no one believes your reply about pulling people's strings. We all know you were crying over the fact that no one gave you a good answer yet. You are lucky anyone decided you help you after you little temper tantrum. In the future, be polite and respectful, or you may not be so lucky. You question could go unanswered.

12. Ok with all that was said I apologize to anyone that was feeling some type of way. I was having a pissy day so I got besides myself. Banks my bad brother and everyone else I am extending the olive leaf. FYI I just bought a inline fan that moves 160 cfm I am hoping that will solve the issue being that I reconfigured my whole intake outtake system. the fan should be here in a few days. Can't wait to germinate. I hope everyone on here is gracious enought to accept my humble apology. Banks hit me up so we can chat. I would love to talk about your system seems like you have everything down.