Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hospital volunteer drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nation of ganja, May 25, 2012.

1. I'm going to volunteer at my local hospital this summer. I think they'll probably do a preliminary drug test. Would they test after I get the position? If I do come up positive what would they do? Out of curiosity if this were to happen to a minor would the parents be notified. I'm not a minor obviously because I'm on here.

2. Your parents may or may not be notified... I would lean towards not, but it is possible because there isn't necessarily a confidentiality involved with the results as far as parents go.. But "your not a minor" so I guess you have nothing to worry about..

3. They'll more than likely test, as for testing after you've got the position that can vary everywhere, sometimes it's random testing and sometimes it's only if they have a reason to. I'd expect to be tested though. Don't see why they'd tell your parents, if this is for employment/volunteering then I doubt it. Can't see that they'd care honestly, to them you'd just be another volunteer that HR has to turn away.

4. You must he a minor..there is no reason for you to ask that if you were over 18.

5. ^This. Sounds like you trying to get some volunteer hours for your advisory class. :)

6. You're not a minor....right.And i'm not a bear that shits in the woods.

7. Actually I'm doing it for work experience. I currently have 0 experience an no one will give me a job without experience.

8. So when people are stupid and admit they're under 18, everybody calls them out on it and whatnot saying they should be more discrete. This man did it discreetly (sort of not really).

OP I don't think they would drug test you.