Hospital testing.

Discussion in 'General' started by RedSorcerer, Oct 9, 2007.

1. So apparently I've got to get immunizations before the end of the semester.
    But before the hospital can do immunizations, I have to go in for a check up.
    My mother told me, that they'd do blood tests, piss tests, ect.

The point is...I'm afraid the THC will show up.
    As you know, if a doctor discovers that a patient tests positive for an illicit drug, he must report you.

I guess what I'm asking is, the fuck do I do?

My mom's been trying to get me to quit smoking MJ for a while now.
    She just refuses to listen to my reasoning.

2. Those tests are not drug tests. THC will not show up, because they will not be looking for it. The piss is to test your blood sugar and so forth. The only way they will find drugs, is if they are testing for them specifically.

3. Ive never heard such a thing

"if a doctor discovers patients test positive for an illicit drug, he must report you"

ive taken plenty of urine samples and blood tests with my doctors when testing for Mono and just other rutine checkups. and ive never had any problem. they actually didnt even bring it up.

so a) im not sure if they even screen for drugs, i doubt your doctor is drug testing you. or b) they might say something to you on a personal matter, about maybe seeking help.

for marijuana i highly doubt you have anything to worry about. especially if you are over 18. I dont think any doctor would honestly report someone for smoking marijuana

good luck man. but i think ull be fine.

4. The Doctor doesn't report you. Who the hell told you that? When I was 15, my doctor asked me if I smoked pot, and I told him yes. He didn't tell my mom, because of privacy laws. You can and should let your dr. know these things. You sound pretty paranoid.

5. Hmmm, this is news to me.
    My mom's still arguing that I need to get my little brother clean because she thinks that if the person is a minor, the doctor will tell someone about it.

I love my mom more than anything in the world, so I'm gonna go ahead and try to civilly prove her wrong, without resorting to arguing.

Anybody know for a fact whether my little brother has anything to worry about?

6. I doubt it, I told the doc I smoked weed when I was still a minor and nothing ever came of it.

7. I never heard of doctors reporting people either, doctors have asked me many times in several different countries if I take drugs so they can work out exactly what's wrong or what pills to prescribe, every time I said yes cannabis and every doctor shrugged their shoulders and said 'anything else?'

..they don't give a toss and none reported me to anyone. Maybe they do where you live? wouldn't it be breach of doctor-patient confidentiality?

8. Its Dr./Patient Privelage. By law he cant say anything to anybody unless ordered to by a warrant. If he does, he will lose his licence

9. That's pretty awesome =]
    Thanks for the help guys.
    I know I can count on the city for anything.

P.S. (300th post =] Yippeee)

10. they dont test u for weed anyway in that crap...hes fine..if not they cant share it anyway

11. hell yea!!! ..that's awsome! :D