horror movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by no comment, Jan 8, 2010.

1. I like the screams

2. need to get on watching rec 2 and quarantine 2

3. I love the first 2 "Paranormal Activity" movies.  Very creepy in my opinion.  Before that the scariest movie I had ever seen was the Dawn of the Dead remake from 2003.  

A few years ago I watched the original "Halloween" which is considered a classic.  But I thought it was shit.  It wasn't scary at all.  And the dialogue was so bad, and the acting was so bad that I couldn't take it seriously.  Some of those horror movies that are considered "classics" are honestly complete shit.

4. Horror movies have definitely lost their touch from the old days especially with all the remakes in the past decade from the real classics, but there are a few that stay with me. I really liked the Scream series, Ju-on, Rec, Deliveranc, and the original Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

This one for some reason looks very creepy and worthy of a peep. Slasher thrillers are great, this one is rated R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qI7wuFnQ08&sns=em

5. #286 zah310, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    Paranormal makes me wanna shit on my tv, I could jack off to Halloween. It's not considered a classic, it simply IS a classic.

6. Watching VHS 2 in the next couple days seems pretty good I liked the first more than most people.

7. I don't know man, I just didn't like it. Like I said, the dialogue is horrendous and so is the acting. It sucks all the mood right out of the movie.

8. watching v/h/s 2 today

9. wow that zombie story was fuckin epic and it was only like 20 min if that

10. Saw The Bay a few weeks ago, usually not a huge fan of found footage movies, and The Bay starts off a little clunky, but it's a pretty good horror movie.

And surprisingly it was directed by the same guy that directed Sleepers and The Natural lol

11. #292 Johnny Blazed, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    holy shit the religous cult story in vhs 2 was fuckin crazy lol and the zombie story was really good too 

12. Saw The Purge last night.

I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10.  It had a great concept, but most of the movie ends up just being the standard cliche home invasion flick.  Plus.. the movie was full of plot holes, and the two kids in the movie are complete idiots.

13. fuck i cant find a single scary horror movie.

worst thing ive seen recently is the syringe pit from saw 2. im terrified of needles so everytime it gets me. besides that there are no movies that scare me it seems.

even the music video for cattle decapitations "Forced Gender Reassignment" isnt shit, and thats way more bloody and fucked up than any movie ive seen.

14. House on Haunted Hill used to scare the fuck out of me when I was younger, surprised to not see it mentioned.. anything with old mental hospitals/old hospitals creep me the fuck out!

15. well i just found the movie that actually did it for me.

Maniac. holy shit they got creepy perfect, and it was easily as gruesome as a saw movie, especially when they rip his face off in the very end. holy fuck.

16. watched the puppet master movies.  

classic.

might watch the stuff on netflix soon.  

17. yeah puppet master is good. might watch vhs 2 now. the first one I liked pretty good even though it seemed just like short stories rather than a movie...

18. maniac is definitely one of my favorite movies. i hear they're coming out with a remake i have little hope it will be any good but who knows.

19. OP never mentioned stephen king.