horror movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by no comment, Jan 8, 2010.

1. #1 no comment, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    i know there have been threads about horror movies before, but im hoping to make this THE horror movie thread. just like i have THE punk thread in the music forum. im a huge horror fan. i go to conventions for great deals and good times. i spend a lot of my time watching movies, money buying movies, etc. im not into toys or anything but i have friends that are and i appreciate the art. i also read horrorhound magazine, anyone a fan? i dont subscribe but i read/keep my friends leftovers :p

theres are lots of different kinds of horror movies, monster movies, slashers, exploitation, gore, zombie, vampires, ghosts, gross out... there isnt really any clear line between what is and isnt horror anymore, and a lot of the time 'fucked up' movies in general are lumped in, thats why i include movies like ichi the killer and the fly and other movies like that, that arent REALLY horror movies.

Notable Horror Directors; where they are from - and a couple of their movies
    lucio fulci, italy - zombi 2, the beyond, house by the cemetery, the new york ripper
    george romero, america - night, dawn, day, land, diary of the dead, the crazies, monkey shines
    sam raimi, america - the evil dead trilogy, drag me to hell
    clive barker, england - hellraiser, nightbreed, midnight meat train, and various novels/stories turned into movies like candyman.
    mario bava, italy - bay of blood, black sabbath, blood and black lace
    lumberto bava, italy - demons, demons 2, a blade in the dark
    dario argento, italy - suspiria, inferno, tenembre, phenomena
    david cronenberg, america - shivers, the brood, rabid, scanners, videodrome, the fly
    wes craven, america - a nightmare on elm street, last house on the left, the hills have eyes, people under the stairs
    tobe hooper, america - the texas chainsaw massacre, the funhouse, poltergeist
    takashi miike, japan - audition, 3 extremes, ichi the killer, visitor q
    rob zombie, america - house of 1000 corpses, the devils rejects, halloween remake
    alfred hitchcock, america - the birds, psycho, dial m for murder
    john carpenter, america - halloween, they live, the thing, in the mouth of madness
    peter jackson, new zealand - bad taste, braindead(dead alive)

My Collection:

[​IMG]

Frightfest Box Set:
    ~Horror Hotel,
    ~The Last Man On Earth,
    ~Dementia 13,
    ~The Terror,
    ~The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari,
    ~House on Haunted Hill,
    ~Nightmare Castle,
    ~Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde,
    ~Nosferatu,
    ~Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of The Dead
    Day of The Dead
    Night of the Living Dead (tom savini remake with tony todd)
    Land of the Dead
    Diary of the Dead
    Evil Dead
    Evil Dead 2
    Army of Darkness
    Reanimator
    Bride of Reanimator
    Beyond Reanimator
    Castle Freak
    Zombie Holocaust
    Burial Ground
    The Dead Next Door
    Return of the Living Dead
    Night of the Demons
    Bad Taste
    Braindead
    [REC]
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser 2
    Candyman
    Nightbreed
    House by the Cemetery
    The New York Ripper
    Cat in the Brain
    Demons
    Demons 2
    Suspiria
    Nekromantik
    Nekromantik 2
    Maniac
    Cannibal Holocaust
    The Devils Rejects
    I Spit on Your Grave
    HG Lewis Collection:
    ~ Blood Feast
    ~ 2000 Maniacs
    ~ Color Me Blood Red
    Ichi the Killer
    3 Extremes
    High Tension
    Frontiers
    Inside
    Martyrs
    The Descent
    Let the Right One In.
    Shivers
    Rabid
    The Brood
    Scanners
    Videodrome
    The Fly
    Killer Clowns from Outerspace
    CHUD
    Planet Terror
    The Hills Have Eyes
    Children of the Corn
    Phantasm
    Sleepaway Camp
    Return to Sleepaway Camp
    Leprechaun
    Childs Play
    Childs Play box set:
    ~Childs play 2,
    ~Childs play 3,
    ~Bride of Chucky,
    ~Seed of Chucky
    Behind the Mask the Rise of Leslie Vernon
    The Burning
    Alone in the Dark
    My Bloody Valentine
    April Fools Day
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
    The Funhouse
    Halloween Box Set
    ~ Halloween
    ~ Halloween 2
    ~ The Return of Michael Myers
    ~ The Revenge of Michael Myers
    Friday the 13th Box Set
    ~ Friday the 13th
    ~ Friday the 13th (1980 film)
    ~ Friday the 13th Part 2
    ~ Friday the 13th Part III
    ~ The Final Chapter
    ~ A New Beginning
    ~ Jason Lives
    ~ The New Blood
    ~ Jason Takes Manhattan
    Nightmare on Elm Street Box Set
    ~ Nightmare on Elm Street
    ~ Freddys Revenge
    ~ The Dream Warriors
    ~ The Dream Master
    ~ The Dream Child
    ~ Freddys Dead
    ~ Wes Cravens New Nightmare
    Last House on the Left
    People Under the Stairs
    Shocker
    Serpent and the Rainbow
    The Shining
    The Exorcist

On VHS:

Jacobs Latter
    The Shining
    Creepshow
    Creepshow 2
    Pet Semetary
    White Zombie
    Vampire Bat
    The Hunger
    Andy Warhol's Dracula
    Tromas War
    When a Stranger Calls
    ExistenZ
    Brainscan
    They Live
    Waxwork
    Terror
    Summer Camp Nightmare
    The Stepfather
    Don't Answer the Phone
    Bloodsucking from Outer Space
    The Amityville Horror
    Amityville 2 : The Posession
    Swamp Thing
    An American Werewolf in London
    Mark of the Devil
    Texas Chainsaw 1-3
    Candyman 2
    The Omen
    I Dismember Mama
    Trauma
    Microwave Massacre
    Nightmare House
    The Fearless Vampire Killers

~ = Movies included in Box Set

My Top Ten Horror Movies Ever
    10. The Exorcist
    9. Night of the Living Dead
    8. Hellraiser
    7. Suspiria
    6. The Brood
    5. Dawn of the Dead
    4. The New York Ripper
    3. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    2. Nosferatu
    1. Videodrome

obviously videodrome is my favorite movie, i even have a tattoo
    [​IMG]

2. really? no horror fans?

3. huuuuuuuge horror fan here. some of my favorites would be... (besides the obvious ones)

trick r treat
    orphange
    the descent
    silent hill
    30 days of night
    REC

damn im blanking out right now... what other movies would u suggest i check out? any good space horror picks? like event horizon, pandorum style.

4. Nothing is better than the original Halloween.

5. im not too big into space stuff myself, i like less scifi stuff, unless its cronenberg. he defies genres haha. but i suggest you check out the new wave of french horror, there are 4 really awesome movies out from there right now, high tension, martyrs, inside, and frontiers. all very brutal and real.

6. Ok help me out here... Which of these is worth checking out right now?

Let the right one in
    moon
    session 9
    devils backbone

ive been told i need to watch these ASAP

7. i used to HATE horror Movies with the burning passion of a thousand white hot suns, my big bro used to sit me down when i was younger and make me watch all these movies and they used to scare me shitless, and he used to scare me everychance he could,

but now i don't know why, but all the movies he used to show me and scare me with are my fave movies, and i fucking love horror movies....i love the death scenes

8. let the right one in, isnt a horror movie. its a love story with a semi-brutal vampire. that said, i own the movie and love it lots. good movie. moon is a scifi, ive heard good things but havent seen it, id watch devils backbone, i saw it on on demand a while back and i thought it was creepy.

does anyone here like italian movies? ie. lucio fulci? he's my favorite. or how about david cronenberg? i dont know if i mentioned it in the thread, but i have a Videodrome tattoo. ill update the first post with a picture.

9. I would have to say some of my favs are night of the living dead (original) halloween (original) and definatly the exorcist. Also ringu (japanese 'the ring' movie) Actually, Japan has alot of good horror movies. I'm gonna say 30 days of night just because I thought the vamps were pretty badass. I really liked Scream alot, and also IT just because it scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

10. hellraiser is your number 8 favorite.

I seen it about three weeks ago and I thought it was overrated. I always seen it in the video store and thought it looks scary but then i seen it and though it sucks.

I like
    The Ring
    texas chainsaw massacre new version
    twighlight...........Kidding that movie sucks
    30 days of night
    hills have eyes
    dawn of the dead

and some more i cant think of right now.

11. just saw Moon. i really liked it. not a horror movie by any means, but the twist is pretty awesome. u gotta check it out.

12. a well made horror film is one of my favorite types of movies. i dont think horror gets as much respect and recognition as it deserves, because there is so much crap in that genre. the negative far outweighs the positive, and that overwhelming ratio scares off (no pun intended) alot of potential viewers. but despite all the shitty horror flicks, some of the best movies ever are horror films.

^^ and Moon is such an epic movie.

13. Some of my favs, in no particular order:
    Cannibal Holocaust (fucking sick, but fun to watch)
    The Blair Witch Project
    The Exorcist
    The Exorcist 3
    Drag Me To Hell
    Silent Hill
    The Ring
    Dawn Of The Dead
    The Collector (2009), fucking GREAT, if you missed it in theatres, be sure to check it out on DVD/Blu.

14. #14 no comment, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    nah, you're wrong about hellraiser, that movie is awesome, its scary, it has a good plot, gore, .. honeslty. hellraiser fucking rules. i might watch it tonight. Frank is awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

look at how awesome that is.

15. The original night of the living dead is still my favorite horror movie of all time. I saw it when i was a little kid for the first time, and the part with the zombie girl in the basement and the knife gave me nightmares for weeks. Now that's what a horror movie should do, fuck with ya a little bit.

16. Huge horror fan here. Not a fan of the new stuff with computer animation. I prefer the chessiness that is 70's and 80's exploitation films. Pretty much all the movies you have haha. One of my favorites is savage streets with Linda Blair.

17. HIGH TENSION IS KICK ASS LOVE THE TWIST...FOR SOME REASON YALL FORGOT TO MENSION THE FUNNY AS SHIT AND TRIPPY FREDDY KRUGER...
    OLD BOY is one of my favorites but i dont know if that would be horror.battle royal is good too again i dont think its horror but its pretty twisted..the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST was a lil slow but worth the watch it looked SOOOOOO REALLLL ..have you seen pink flamingo heard it was real sick hard to get ahold of post a link anyone..
    AMERICAN PSYCHO AND TED BUNDY are the best psycho movies out their.
    wizard of gore is kick ass the new one never seen the classic hard to find.
    i forgot the name of this zombie movie that came out it was from europe about a meteor shower that hit earth and started turning people into zombies and a regular fisherman was some kind of kick ass gun slinger dont know the name but thought it was good the cover has a guy with a gas mask holding a shotgun.
    HALLOWEEN was real good especially with that little budget they have now thats good film making.
    PERFUME IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED HORROR.
    PLANET TERROR WASNT BAD.FROM DUSK TILL DAWN IS A CLASSIC. THESE ARE JUST SOME.ILL POST MORE AS SOON AS I REMEMBER DAMN STONERS...LOL.

18. Just saw session 9. I really liked it. Its a total ambience film. I work at a hospital and im alone on saturdays. So this movie creeped me out good. Haunted insane asylum? Doesnt get better than that

19. l love Saw movie.

20. i recieved inside, martyrs, and the burning from amazon today. the only one i havent already seen is the burning, but i watched that today and BOY is it awesome, one of the better slashers really. good gore. apparently tom savini didnt do friday the 13th 2 just so he could do this.