Horrible! Wrecked my car.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Budder81, May 31, 2007.

1. So I bought a Maxima (5th gen) and in less than I week I wrecked it. Insurance barely got the maxima covered too, almost lost alot of money if they didn't. Luckily for me, both airbags went off and the car is basically totaled, meaning I get my money back. So now I'm searching for one with a 6 speed. :hello:

2. :eek:! How did you do this?

3. Ye, what happened? Whose fault? etc. Details, bro! Details.

4. I can admit it was my fault, my first accident :(

It wasn't bad or anything, no one got hurt, except my ego. I was driving down this street and approaching a hairpin turn at 15 mph, my cellphone rings (was on my lap) and it falls, I reach to pick it up and when I look up te turn was already here and I lightly tap the brakes and attemp to carve this turn, but it's too sharp and I clip a Yukon, but enough to consider my car totaled, his Yukon was mostly fine, flat tire bust rear door. The airbag gave me a Nissan scar from when it popped out and slapped my forearm. Cool scar though.

5. Dude you gotta be more careful, I've never been in an accident but I have a few friends who have rolled their cars by not paying attention.

Glad to hear insurance is gunna help thou

6. Get a sentra they have tons of secret stash pockets and a thing that lets you cut your trunk in half that you can put shit behind and it makes it look like just a really small, empty trunk.

7. fuck that man. I am totally against driving recklessly.. if you can't drive after smokin, dont drive..
    or dont smoke :p

8. At a hairpin turn I would've dropped to about 5 mph or stopped basically =|

9. honestly you don't deserve shit as you caused it by being careless

full coverage obviously but ya'll seriously need to remember this as the time fate didn't decide to bumfuck you without lube

fuck the person calling cells have voicemail and putting others at risk to answer a call is selfish as hell

that being said hope you find a car you like enough to drive safe :)

10. watch your premium go up =-o
    ive never been in a wreck, im an attentive driver

11. Those Maximas are nice as hell...you live and learn man.

12. I've been there.

I did about 7 grand in damage last summer to my Jag S-Type.

Take it as a learning experience and thank god no one got injured.

13. <-- totalled two cars in 3 days, both not my fault :( insurance still went up.

14. this is too weird. Last night I had a dream that my parents bought me this ballin purple-red chameleon painted old t-bird, like with the port windows and shit, and some bangin' ass rims to boot. So me and my buds naturally blazed the fuck out in it and promptly drove off a cliff. then this morning this is the first post that even catches my eye.

also, I totalled my infiniti in much the same way, except all I did was look down to see who was calling, I didn't even touch the damn thing. Both airbags blew, I broke two fingers and totalled the whip.

bad day.

you'll be aight though, insurance for once gotcho back. but yeah, my premium went up by like 150, so be ready for that shit.

15. I was not high during the accident. Yeah the 6 speed will be nice if I can find one. Turns out that hairpin turn causes about 3 accidents a month (says the officer).

16. Sucks man, glad you're ok and getting a new car. I've yet to cause an accident with another person or damage a car through not paying attention BUT... I did just cost $1750 in damage to my parents new corvette when I got back from college for the summer.

It fucking sucked cuz I have had such a clean record, no tickets no accidents and avoided a couple just through paying attention and quick thinking. But I decided to have a little too much fun one night. I was about to make a left onto the road near my neighborhood and try and drift it quite a bit (I do it pretty often because my parents sure as hell don't use the 'vette like it should be used) and I gunned it to hard. With so much power going to the back wheels it was no better than turning a corner on ice. The car did a 180 heading into a high cement curb at about 35 so I quickly hit the brakes and hit it with the front right bumper at about 3 miles an hour. $1750 for parts and labor on a front bumper :( I thought it was only gonna be like $400 or $500. Fun car though, I'll be at it again soon enough (just not around anything solid).