Horizon Zero Dawn?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tetoleetd, Apr 14, 2017.

1. anybody play this shit? i see no threads about it here. its a game of the year candidate according to all the reviews and id say thats true so far in my short time playing it.

im loving the story so far, although im only about 3 and a half hours in. the combat is dope, just the pacing of the game and world is dope as well. really liking this game so far.

surely some people here must play this game right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Just got it the other day along with Infamous Second Son. I'm loving it so far, and I've neard nothing but good things about it. The map is huge, and I can't wait to learn where the fuck these robot animals and dinosaurs n shit come from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. the story is very intriguing to me as well. love the map and the overall feel of the game and gameplay mechanics. i havent played in about a week but im itching to get back to it!

4. yeh need get back into this one to

5. I love this game, I'm about halfway through, and they story is just getting more complex

6. Roommate is forcing me to play it. loving it so far!

7. I tried to play it stoned. AHHHH bad idea, to many weapons, controls, potions etc...to much stuff for me haha...back to playing sohber

8. throw the fucking rock at that dickhead

• Like Like x 1
  9. is that a story spoiler? if so, im not clicking lol.

10. A little bit. It's one of the (if not the first?) morality choices you make in the game .

11. lol oh okay thats in the very beginning of the game. i chose to throw the rock at his hand.

right now im at the part where you take out the corrupted zones and the Carja open their gates for you. on my way to Meridian soon.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lol yea man it's still my fav morality choice so far.

Definitely a great game.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I wish the morality choices had had a bigger effect on the game, they pretty much didnt change anything but that situation lol

14. what are the best freeze or shock weapons to use? anyone have any tips on that?

15. For Shock: Either the Shadow Warbow (DPS) or the Shadow Tripcaster (total dmg). Try to farm Shock mods by taking down higher rank enemies like Thunderjaws or Stormbirds.

The easiest way to take down a Thunderjaw is to equip the Shadow Sharpshooter bow with Tearblast arrows (purple color arrows). Aim at the two large, disc launching cannons on its back. They usually break off within one hit , especially with "Tear" mods installed. Once the two cannons break off, run to one of them , pick it up and unleash all ammo on the dino. There should be another cannon somewhere once the ammo runs out, go pick it up and do the same. Makes a 5-8 minute battle turn into about 1 min and is a great way to farm other good mods. North of "Free Heap" i think is the first place i ran into a Thunderjaw. There's a campfire to the south of it in case you die or want to save progress right away and retry again on load up.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I've played like an hour of this game. This paragraph of mumbo jumbo is inspiring me to play a lot more rn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. lol ive played about 8-10 hours and i havent even encountered this thunderjaw he speaks of.

18. Shit. I am drunk and haven't even turned the game on yet. So many hours to go.

Fuck yes.

The beauty of rpgs.

19. lol i wouldnt suggest starting it while drunk. its easier to learn how to play sober, plus you might forget key parts of the story whilst drunk.

20. You will

And it will fucking ruin you if you aren't prepared. But if you are it isn't really even a challenge lol

I went from "Omg no a fucking thunderjaw"

To

"Oh fuck here comes aloy" said the 2 thunderjaws.. in only a few hours

You just have to learn the spots to remove armor. The weak points plus bombs makes short work of them

• Like Like x 1