Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Honey Oil

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Coley69C, May 28, 2012.

1. Picked up a gram of honey oil from a buddy I know, What's it all about? I've smoked a few dabs and it kicked my ass, but is it bad for me? I've been smokin pot for 6 years smoked ate all kinds of bud I'm well aware marijuana isn't going to hurt me haha. Much help so I can continue tokin ;P

2. if its fully purged, its healthier than smokin bud cause theres not combustion

3. Hey OG, do you smoke oils?

4. Like OG said, It should be quite a bit healthier than smoking bud. Theres no combustion, plus you inhale alot less smoke from a dab vs a bowl of bud.

5. Magin, Thanks everyone I really enjoyed my experience with this!

6. If its really well made (not only purged properly (meaning vac and heat and TIME) but also made with quality solvents, in a proper extractor, cured and so on) no your not in any real danger (you'll be inhaling only a couple of ppt-ppb. If on the other hand you have just the "good", normal, or god forbid bad bho then you can end up causing some damage as the butane can be in the high ppm-thousand or even up to a percent of residual butane if left unpurged and/or freshly made bho. This is what I call "tainted 'tane" or "'tane taint". It's not only gross but unhealthy.
    A couple of signs to check for impurities in your concentrates are:
    When hitting your bho onto a skillet/nail/coal there should be only a VERY faint sound similar to a drop of water on a skillet, not like a steak sizzling, popping or hissing.
    Using a hot hookah coal, DROP a small dap (if possible, otherwise just place the oil onto the coal w/the dabbler and don't smear the dab or anything, just keep it in one spot and remove the dabber when done vaporizing) onto it and when the hit is done vaporizing look for any residue. You want an extremely fine white powder that disappears on contact w anything solid really. No chunks clumps or grains of black/gray stuff.
    When doing the coal experiment don't actually take the hit, just let it sort of fill the air and smell it for traces of butane.
    Look for signs of extreme bubbling & splattering.
    Put a lighter to a piece/sample of the bho and see if it starts combusting or if it just sort of liquefies instead (you don't want close to spontaneous combustion being the point)

And you can always send me a sample over for further "inspection" lol

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

7. Awesome thanks again everyone.