Honey Bud

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by deadbolt742, Nov 24, 2008.

1. So after reading the molasses method before harvest, does anyone know if honey will work because I was thinking of trying it. Maybe get some honey bud which would be pretty sweet.

2. try it on just one plant and see how it goes? try and dissolve it in hot water and let it cool down, then dump it in the res, or soil :wave:

3. i had the same question a few months ago.

honey is not recommended from what i have read.

molasses, especially unsulfurated molasses (which u can buy at walmart or most grocery stores) provides more then a 'sugar' for your plants.

1 thing i remember reading is that molasses feeds the bacteria in the soil, and that bacteria is what is beneficial to your buds.

honey... is actually a natural anti-bacterial and probably kills the helpful bacteria you were trying feed with the molasses.

there were a few more points i cant really point out specifically, but one other thing i do remember was that unsulfurated molasses (or called black strap molasses) has other nutrients in it that are beneficial to the plant.

one thing i would like to point out is, too much molasses can hurt your plants, i know because i made the mistake of putting too much in the water, and my plants kinda locked up, and stopped taking in any nutrients.

so i suggest using it according to what is recommended, or a little less then recommended.... i thought in was doing my plants a favor, and they would be all sweet... haha but i ended up hurting them.

live, and learn i guess.