Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Honestly, are the munchies beatable?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Like A Cat, Apr 22, 2010.

1. eat before hand

2. I can control it, over all i think its a mind game. Hell now when i smoke it actually makes me not hungry.

3. Drink beer while smoking. Not saying down a 12 pack but just drink 2-3 beers while you are smoking. It helps me.

4. My cure has always to drink a milk drink of some sort, like a milkshake. In England we have this:
    [​IMG]
    It's amazing, it's filling and cures cottonmouth, i've always found that with a few bottles of it next to me in a sesh and i'll be alright for food as well as liquids. But if I haven't got any, then usually i'll just eat until I feel sick...

5. #25 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010

Obviously it's hard to not be hungry and high at the same time. You digest the contents of your stomach roughly 6-8 hours after it's entered your mouth. So if you smoke more than two times a day I'm sure being high + meal time will overlap.

This has always seemed like bull to me. Friends claim they are less stoned after eating. I guess I'm just fortunate because once I'm done eating whatever it is then I just relax again and let my head go back to the clouds.

Just don't eat.

I feel like it's just how you react individually. I used to go crazy and munch out when I was younger but now that cannabis is part of my daily life I have found that I'm less inclined to engorge myself on junk all at once and instead keep certain filling snacks around that will take the edge of hunger away until I eat a meal. Actually I've also noticed if I'm dry for a few days and don't smoke I eat less meals and sometimes will go the whole day and only eat say, one plate of tacos for dinner.

Anyways, I guess I'm trying to say that it's just how you're wired to eat and feel. I would just try keeping some good/healthy snacks around the house.

Things like:
    Gyros, wraps, sandwich meats, salads, pickup a 40pc wing from the grocery store to much on for a few days, make your own fried rice w/peas and carrots and an egg .. special k strawberry breakfast bars, wheat thins rock, any of those baked type crackers personaly prefer the garden herb/italian/sundried tomato flavors the best. asian rice crackers are awesome too. chips+salsa, spinach and artichoke dip, veggie creamcheese, BAGLES! with pineapple creamcheese. apples with peanutbutter, oranges, fruits in general.

I really could go on.

The main idea is these are all pretty good foods for you. What it comes down to is how much of them you eat. That I can't help you with. Just don't get fat. :p

6. Munchies get worse after you eat. The CB1 receptors signal the hypothalamus increase the production of ghrelin, a "hunger hormone" which is created during meals. This science helps explain a method I've been using for years, which is to not eat until you get high, then when you do smoke wait as long as possible, then eat a small meal in small bites. Then you're okay to eat more, smaller meals without taking in too many calories.

7. Eating will lead to more eating, which will lead to more eating, until you realize you just ate 2 bags of cookies and a tub of ice cream and youre not even high anymore.

If food isn't available to me munchies don't even occur. If I think about food, and I have food readily available, I'm going on a munchin' rampage. However, if you don't think about the food and you wait until you are actually hungry, it's much easier to satisfy.

For example, when I wake and bake I don't get hungry until I've come down, and gotten high a second time. In between bakes is when you should eat - and it should be a small amount, something nutirious and filling - that way, when you've gotten freshly baked, food will be the last thing on your mind.

8. I find that I actually forget to eat when I am stoned, which is all day and night. I get high, have coffee, and then get busy doing whatever I am up to here at home all day. I just keep smoking weed and forget to eat!
    Most days I do make sure I at least eat some cereal before it becomes dinner time. I have dinner like a regular person. Then I eat a couple of very small snacks during the evening TV watching.
    My family thinks I am really weird with my eating habits.

9. The best way to beat the munchies is to prepare something healthy beforehand. You would be surprised at how amazing healthy food like bananas, grapes, frozen strawberries etc taste when your high. Eat all the raw fruits, nuts you want and you wont get fat.

10. I find that eating healthy food fills me up compared to junk food.

A trick to try may be to add tons of hot sauce/hot pepper to anything you're gonna eat. It will definately slow you down a little if the munchies bring you pain.

11. Try chewing gum, works for me.

12. I know exactly what you mean...
    I'm not sure if its just the herb that makes us want to eat, or the habit of just doing it every time. And once you give in to those munchies, even a bite, it just takes over. I'll go from having a chip to making a giant plate of nachos, then I'll have some fried chicken, and then a bowl of ice cream. It doesn't stop.

Luckily I'm pretty well-built and have a good metabolism, but I still try to watch what I eat. I found the best way to avoid the uber-munchies is to drink a LOT of water during/after your sesh, and chew gum afterward. Also, try protein shakes; they're healthy, and can hold off the munchies for a while (and I get my chocolate/shake fix).
    IMO, the best way to deal with the gluttony of munchies is to exercise consistently and keep a fairly healthy diet when you're not toking. Especially if you lift a lot and are active, you'll be able to burn off your binge eating, and you also won't feel as bad about giving in to your cravings when you do. Once you've toked, do something to keep your mind off the food. If you still can't stop, make it harder to reach the food you love: ask a friend to hide the candy, place a lock on the fridge, ect. When you're baked, you want to eat, but you don't want to work for it. :)
    Good luck!

13. Started smoking last year, have lost 75 lbs and got my old fighting physique back. Exercise/ Weight lift and stay hydrated, once you learn to have your high help you tune out your tummy rumble, you'll melt weight off :)

Good luck!

14. My way to combat muchies:

1) Eat a plate of spagetti or any kind of pasta because pasta is loaded with carbs
    2) smoke a lot
    3) drink a light non-carbed bev
    4) munch on a piece or two of bread becasue bread fills you up
    5) Modern Warfare. Takes you mind off hunger

15. Haha, maybe you're just hungry man?!?

Dont deny your body food! Eat it, enjoy it. And work out if weight becomes a problem.

Smoking weed without eating munchies is like having sex without orgasming.

16. Dude I am the exact same as you! I must brush my teeth at least twice every time I get high in the evening. Just keep going back for more food:(:smoking:

17. Not if there's food there. If you have no food to eat though then it is.

18. i completely know this feeling, i'll eat something and end up saying "fuck it, i want to make the most of being high" and just eat and eat

19. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Me too lmaooo. Ill tear those up when Im high.

I have never beaten the munchies. Ill be high for an hour or so and then the "Oh shit, Im hungry" sets in. Then I proceed to eat like a bitch. I've eaten.. two servings of dinner, then 2 grilled cheeses, 5 pieces of pizza (LOL) and 2 sundaes in one night. The next morning.. ugh.. fuck the toilet LOL.