Homemade wooden piece

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Newbie77, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Made this little guy yesterday. Took me about 3 hours total to carve it all out and drill the holes. Tried to fire harden the bowl this morning and I think it worked pretty well other than burning it a little bit. The bowls pretty deep also :D I have no clue what kind of wood it is or if it will hold up to decent usage but we'll find out!

Attached Files:

2. That's a lot of work for something that won't get use high as a 6 dollar glass pipe from a head shop but I'm guessing you may have been high as fuck in which case you were probably in the zone and didn't care you were putting so much work in to it haha

3. That's a lot of work for something that won't get use high as a 6 dollar glass pipe from a head shop but I'm guessing you may have been high as fuck in which case you were probably in the zone and didn't care you were putting so much work in to it haha

4. Props man that looks awesome! I was going to do one, its still half finished somewhere :smoke:

5. I do alot of camping and hiking and am always scared to take my glass spoon out of the house. I once dropped my friends 30 dollar bowl in the woods because of sweaty hands (had been hiking for a few hours) and it landed right on a tree root and shattered. I also live in Florida so there are no actual headshops. Just way over priced tobacco smokeshops, and I'm a bit if a handyman so if I can do it myself I will

6. I like the cleanliness of glass, But I love the durability of wood more.

7. that's pretty cool, i've always wanted to make my own piece but never got around to it. Smoking out of something that you made with your own hands sounds pretty rewarding lol

8. Nice man! It feels so satisfying to smoke out of something you made yourself.

I just made one recently too, its for an upcoming camping trip. But instead of making the bowl part of the wood, I just hammered in a socket. Looks more clunky than yours, but I'm proud of it :)

1375310736077.jpg