Homemade Wood Pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Deleted member 697282, Jan 15, 2014.

1. #21 Winegums, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    NEVER EVER put any stains, finishes or paint in the bowl it will naturally build up a layer of carbon that will protect it. When you light up the finish or oil will get burned pretty quickly and end up in your lungs. Just grab a candle and blacken the bowl.

I used a red stain on the wood otherwise it would be bone white.

I used a vise and a drill press to drill the bowl out. It's much much easier and more accurate than using a drill in hand.

2. the carbon will protect it from burning but by the time you get to the point of it not burning any longer you have an ugly as fuck bowl are you stupid

Wow, you haven't been around many wood pipes have you?  Take it easy with the name calling dude.  Winegums has made a fine piece and obviously knows what he's doing.  

4. all my pipes are wood

the piece is fine the bowl is already starting to look raggedy because it hasnt been seasoned

fucker

5. #25 SkunkWoodz, Feb 24, 2014
    So are you saying pipes look better seasoned???  You're not making a very clear, or valid point there bub

In one post you say it will look "ugly as fuck" when it becomes seasoned.  Then in your next post you say a piece doesn't look good because it has NOT been seasoned.  So which is it champ?

edit- these are what I did today, chillums are easy if you got the right tools :D

[​IMG]

edit #2- thats bocote, katalox, and purple heart, all finished with boiled linseed oil, and buffed with a carnauba and bees wax blend I made.

6. #26 Winegums, Feb 24, 2014
    The pipe is still virgin and only partially seasoned in the pictures. You really need to calm down.

if you're burning hot embers in a wood bowl I'd expect that the wood is going to become blackened no matter what you do. I'm still using the same original pipe I made years ago for my primary piece and it's still working perfectly fine. In fact it's bowl is now a nice shiny black on the inside and I haven't tasted maple smoke since the first few burns.

PS: Thanks Rotawee, I love your esty shop!

7. learn to read you two bit fuck sticks

the bowl looks like shit because there is no seasoning. what does that have to do with the pipe? some pipes will look better one way or the other but the way wood chars and blackens without protection i would never smoke the op's pipe its disgusting because of the unprotected fibers unless you heavy alcohol soak your pipe a number of times a week which is going to fuck up the taste of anything you hit it will keep collecting the shit. soon everything will taste and smell likes months, and eventually years of burnt crap which can all be prevented using a heavy, edible, non-toxic, hardening oil like tung

Your attitude and shear confusion of your own statements has led me to lol, thanks for the laugh.
    And thanks for the compliment winegums!

9. I've never had a problem with my pipes smelling bad or ruining the taste of anything.

The pipe I just made works even better than expected, perfectly even burn pattern. Also you know when it's pooched when you taste a hint of maple syrup. The conical bowl drops the ashes nicely as well, much better than my original flat bottom pipe.

10. its a beautiful pipe

11. I wish I knew how to do any of this.

12. I'll make a DIY soon.

13. well your going to need tools and a little woodworking experience to make one like his

id imagine one could make even better, cooler bowls if one turned it instead of used a bit

14. How could you turn it? It starts as a rectangular block of wood. Unless you were to make a two piece pipe which seems like more work to me.

15. yeah a chillum you could turn