homemade vaporizer

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Jdonnie, Apr 8, 2011.

1. So i made a vap out of a test tube, and have some questions... i held a flame to the outside of the test tube that was loaded with some weed. and then inhaled through a tube/ mouthpiece attached to the test tube. condensation formed on the inside of the test tube and it looked like smoke was swilrling around on the inside of the vap. after smoking i emptied the test tube and the weed looks like black ash. i also dont feel that high, maybe slightly buzzed. so did this work? i can post pics if necessary.

2. post pics and if it didn't get you high then obviously it didnt work.

3. #3 Jdonnie, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    here are some pictures, maybe, computer is failing

Attached Files:

4. You held the flame on it too long, if you're trying to vape there shouldn't be smoke, and it sure as hell shouldnt be ash when you're done. You pretty much just made a crack pipe.

5. are you encouraging me to do crack??? jk haha, so how should i hold the flame to get it to work good??

6. Id say hold the lighter 5-10 seconds max, you'll have to experiment a bit to get the right temp.

7. toss a thermometer in ther when you heat it, then when it hits like 300 stop lighting it will probably take like 4 seconds.

but the heat wont stay long.

8. #8 cball, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    the air has to flow OVER the weed...your tube is closed on one end so very little air is hitting the weed...and you just burnt it along with the 'good stuff' a proper vaporizer would deliver...

your idea isn't 'wrong' so much as not complete....

Use the torch to heat the closed end until you can blow out a little hole for air to pass through (a hole on one side of the tip would be best imho), have the weed up near the mouth piece so the air is heated prior to it reaching the weed , that will produce the vapor you want, and use less flame when you try again:wave:

9. tweeker shit

10. yea good idea, he could bag vape almost with it.

If he had two holes with two tubes in it. and blew in one tube and had the other go to a small bag like a sandwich bag i dunno lol. it would work if the temp was kept perfect.
    :smoke: