Homemade Carved Wood pipe

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Fraks, Aug 19, 2012.

1. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

Da fuck?

EDIT: are you a troll? Please don't smoke out of that[/quote]

It's never failed me :) &&& I don't like being called a troll either!

2. Looking fresh man, might give this a go myself :)

3. i just finished these! both are oak, though i wanna try cherry or some fruit tree wood. Or like a wine barrel wood. if you rub the bowl with a little bit of honey, it keeps the wood from burning and it tastes amazing. it takes a few bowls to build up a good coating

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. oops, pics kinda big. my bad

5. Looks sick! I need to take up a wood crafting class, id love to make one!

6. [quote name='"phoenix12"']i just finished these! both are oak, though i wanna try cherry or some fruit tree wood. Or like a wine barrel wood. if you rub the bowl with a little bit of honey, it keeps the wood from burning and it tastes amazing. it takes a few bowls to build up a good coating

[/quote]

Love the sneak a toke style one

7. haha thanks! i was actually thinking about making a few of these and selling them online. like on etsy and whatnot. if you want one, let me know!

8. Very nice wooden pipe man. If you haven,t already couldn't really tell from the pics, but just needs finishing/ preserving. I prefer naturalls like bees wax or boiled linseed oil. tecniques for those vary on what grit you stoped sanding and the wood.

keep at it man and safe journeys, stock up on some good super glue gel ;-) E.R. glue is spendy and stitches are even more

9. I read where you had said you "did the normal thing with honey and water".I am making the conclusion this is so the wood wouldnt burn?

Im not knowledgeable about wooden pipes at all.I have however recently made out of a stick a hollow tube that I wanted to turn into a one hitter.

Would I just treat the whole thing with water/honey?How do I go about treating my wood with honey?

10. well, what i did was take a VERY small dab of honey and rub it on the inside of the bowl with my fingertip, then i loaded it about half full and then closed the top and shook it a bit. the bits of herb stuck to the honey, and when i smoked it the little bits burned. then the next time i smoked i did the same thing. you dont have to do it every time you smoke, just until you build up a nice smooth black coating on the bowl. that coating is bits of ash, and actually carmalized honey (and resin, of course lol) and it works as a kind of a heat shield. it keeps the wood from burning. the cool thing about wood pipes is that the more you use them, the better it gets. you get better flavor every time, as that resin and ash and honey shell builds up over time. I'll post a pic soon of my bowl now that ive used it regularly for close to a month soon :)

11. Hey, man, is the smoke hot? Because the pipe is really short and all.

12. it's not bad actually, not any worse than a joint would be. i just finished two more pipes yesterday actually, ill post em tomorrow