Homemade alcohol (hooch)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by marijuanauser, Dec 14, 2009.

1. So a few weeks back I made a gallon of some hooch, just following instructions off the internet. And I am amazed at what came of it, which poses the question why doesn't everyone make their own? I mean its like 20% alcohol and costs about $5 to make plus a week, I mean cost affective, strong and its not like its hard. Anyone else make some hooch too? Thoughts on this subject?

2. how does it taste?

3. which guide did you use? and what equipment do i need?

4. It tastes very good, like wine almost maybe better.

For equipment all you need is a gallon container, sugar, yeast, water and a balloon.

heres the guide I used [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/3983680/Homemade-Alcohol"]Homemade Alcohol@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/3983680?access_key=key-202pxiwznep9yyrh73vk@@AMEPARAM@@3983680@@AMEPARAM@@key-202pxiwznep9yyrh73vk[/ame]

5. my friend does this with like 10 gallons at a time, it definitely gets you fucked up but i wouldnt say its better than wine. That could be his method of course, i bet if you paid a bit for a nicer set up it would be totally worth it.

6. a friend of mine would make wine in his dorm, that was some interesting wine. most of it tasted pretty good and it had a hell of a kick, probably around 15/17 %.

7. I pretty much did this except I didn't use any concentrate just sugar, water and yeast. Wanted to see what it'd be without it and was very surprised at the taste, wasn't shitty like beer usually is, a more "quality" taste.

8. I just make my own wine, tastes decent and will hit you pretty good. It's simple to make too. I'd reccomend using grape gatorade as a chaser if you don't let it set for the complete time and you get nasty tasting wine.

9. beer is not shitty tasting

10. my friend and i ferment our own wine, we have blackberry wine that will be done around the new year. we are also going to start brewing our own beer in the next few weeks, we would really like to make a 10% red cream ale. maybe throw some chronic in the process and make some dank shit.

another friend of mine makes moonshine. and that'll put hair on your chest forreal.