Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homeade light bulb vaporizer

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by rssdriv, Apr 3, 2010.

1. just made one of these, because i let my friend borrow my bowl and bong.
    Are these things worth it, and do you really get higher off little weed from these things?

2. #2 rssdriv, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
    bump......

3. Nah man shit sucks, just roll up a blunt or use a pipe..or get a real vape:hello:

4. nah, it's not worth it. That thing made me cough so bad, it was gross

5. i just used it i probably put a .3 in the bulb and used a candle it took about a 1 minutes with the flame over for any smoke t show up and i didnt feel anything and all of a sudden i did and i feel like its more of a "burn" type of high as if i smoked regs. And the room smells like weed

6. Stay away from that crap. Get a legit vape. You can spend under a 100 bucks and still get a good one that will end up paying for itself in no time. Just don't buy any of those cheap Chinese knock-offs on ebay.

7. You burned the weed for too long. You're just supposed to vaporize it. . . so you really wont see much "smoke" -- just a little cloudiness of vapors.

8. this.

9. They can definitely work, but yeah, you probably burned the bud. You should grind it up well, put a bit in the bulb, and while it's heating, shake it around every few seconds so no one bit gets too hot. As soon as you see vapors starting to curl off the bud inside, remove it from the flame (keep shaking, the heat in the glass will continue to heat the bud) and inhale the vapor.

But you are probably better off just smoking. Who knows what the shit inside lightbulbs does to your body? And it's a pain in the ass having to have an open flame, and having to handle the super-hot glass. They do work though if used properly.

10. does it really matter if the weed is burned? because i still got high and the weed turned brown

11. They are the poorest quality vaporizers you will ever smoke out of. Not worth it at all. And unlike bongs, the quality of the vaporizer more heavily influences the quality of the high. I'd stick to glass pieces until you have the cash to spend on a good vaporizer.