Home Made

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by L8Nrollinup, Aug 13, 2014.

1. So it's really easy! I hate spending 150 to 200 bucks for a "hand blown" bong! They us all look like the others and that bong might cost 100 at one head shop and 50 at another. I was fed up with that and being one my 3rd bong I was done with that route. So here is what you do: invest in a diamond drill bit for glass. You have to get the right size for your down stem. If it's too small it will never work and same if it's too big. The drill bit I got is a makita it was roughly 30 dollars. Also while your at the hardware store get rubber grommets that are all so the right size. They sell all this at lowes or hd the grommets are 50 cents usualy. Or you get 5 for a dollar. Now you need your down stem and bowl. Most head shops sell them you can get them in a normal style or the kind with glass joints either will work fine. And last you need a bottle. Now most bottles will not work. Because of where the down stem will have to go. The bottle you pick should have a flat spot or where the sides roll down from the bottle beck should have enough space to put the down stem. Going strait in the side of the bottle will not work you will waste the bottle. So make sure to really pick out a good one that had lots of bong like a tributes like wide id of the neck or a big chamber. After you make one ore two you will better understand the style of bottle requured. Not all will work!
    So with everything on hand find the spot where you want the bowl and cut the hole in the glass. Use a electric drill go slow and keep the area that your drilling lubricated with water or your whole will not be round it will crack then you have to start over. Let the drill cut do not force it! This is glass some is thin some is thick. Use a small amount of force but not to much! It's very important you take your time on the hole because if it's wrong you have to re drill it to fix the size issue. After you have the hole use a rubber grommet and insert it jn the whole use some water or spit to lubricate the down stem so it slides through the grommet easier. They fill with water fill bowl with herb. And toke!
    Good luck making your own! It's the best thing I have learned to do and I hope it helps you out too! Enjoy your new bongs! Post pics of your creations!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app