home made vaporizer

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by killswitch92, Jun 5, 2008.

1. i found this vid that probly everyone on here already knows about lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhEGp7aD-qA&feature=related

but the only question i have about this is. plastic melts pretty damn easily so wouldnt the heat from the lighter build up in the bulb and start melting the pen or the cap or atleast heat it up and cause those toxic fumes to come out and what not?

id like to make 1 of these but thats the only concern i really had.

2. I can't say for sure, but I don't think the heat contained in the bulb could reach the plastic at a high enough temperature to release any toxins. The hottest part of the whole vaporizer would be the glass directly underneath the bud that you are heating.

3. Think about it...you have to hold it somehow, if the heat actually got hot enough to start melting the plastic would you be able to hold it? You'd feel it way before anything got too hot.

4. thats true.
    i was reading somewhere that a guy use to burn himself with it accidently sometimes so i was kinda worried about the plastic.

i made 1 earlier, so im gonna try it out in a few days, see how it works out. im waiting for my moms bf to bring me this illegal satellite receiver so i can get all the dirty channels for free lol. i know i can just watch it here on my computer but it just doesnt feel the same to me lol

ive never used a vaporizer before, so what should i expect and what should i be cautious about other than the bulb breaking and it being hot as hell? lol

5. Yo i made one of these and just hit it a few times, but my throat is more sore than usual and i have a headache(pre-existing but took a tylennol) could this be from that i didnt clean my light bulb out enough?

6. Shit man you may have put in too much salt! When this happens the salt absorbs too much of the water, and the toxin's won't be all washed away if the water is mostly gone.

Your best bet is to call the poison controll center,

THE HOTLINE IS:1-800-222-1222

I hope this is easily resolved for you.:)

7. I saw a vaporizer for sale on a site that looked like a bulb with an empty pen sticking out of it. It was onlt 20 bucks too. I should go find that site.