Home Made Vapes

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Rollincoal420, Jun 18, 2014.

1. #1 Rollincoal420, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    I know we all have been in a pinch, or just bored and made home made pipes and bongs from whatever was laying around, but have anyone made a vaporizer for dry herb at home?

Id like to see what people have came up with as I feel like embarking on this endeavor

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Google a guide on a light bulb vaporizer. They're relatively easy to make in a pinch, and work off convection I believe. I've never personally made one but have used one a friend made, it was pretty cool!

3. That's pretty kool. I may try that tonight

I made one, still have it. Works like shit.

5. well, what else works?

6. I have no idea

7. Just buy a real one.

8. I got one, and im working on converting a mechanical mod into a dry herb vape, im just curious to see what else is out there.

How the fuck would a light bulb vape work off of convection? That is a god awful idea and risky to your health.

10. For the actual thread I have seen some pretty bad ass home made units. I need to see if I can find the thread on Fuck combustion that had most of them but im talking about home made log vapes and some cool stuff that is even controlled by a raspberry pi.

11. #11 foppinanrockin, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    Meant to type conduction I got the phrases mixed up my bad. And it's not any more risky than a vape with a plastic housing, so long as you use an unfrosted bulb and properly clean it. This idea was relevant to the thread, and i said it was for "in a pinch", meaning a quick and easy rig, not the ideal hand-crafted piece of equipment everyone desires. 

I do agree with you though, that thread on FC has some much better/safer ideas, and some sweet pieces

12. #12 Egzoset, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Salutations,

The Venus is halogen-based, it's working mainly as a convection device which may double as a source of inspiration.

;)

13. Seen a home made flight box on you tube, it was horrendous lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Yeah a vape is one piece I wouldn't try to create with home supplies..
    But as others have said above the only homemade one ive seen is that lightbulb one but,
    your going to look like a methhead using it  :smoke:

15. The guy on the youtube vid used the mesh from a tea strainer lol
    You would need the national grid to heat that up.

He didnt even the cut the box square lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I disagree. If you've ever seen what they put on the glass, I'd stay away from them. I'm already trying to lower my exposure to plastics.

17. Yeah true with the white ones. We had a clear bulb from the start, then disinfected it, I thought that was okay. And I know what you mean, I went big and bought a Firewood to start vaping with.

18. Post the link up mate. I like a good laugh :)

19. :eek:  Damn that's just nasty..lol   Like the way he shoved a plastic pen tube way to far into that box.  He's probably just getting high from the vaper coming off that... :confused_2:

Don't do this at home kids....