home made stealth hydro idea

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shackleford, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ok well my idea is depicted as so
    [​IMG]
    this would be made from a hollow plastic trunk. im not yet sure how to get the pump where it is in the pic. the trunk itself is a little bit more than 3 cubic feet. th plants would be lstd and a fan with a homemade carbon filter would be added. the lighting would be 3-6 cfls and a 3ft 30W flouro strip. hopefully the whole set up would cost more than $50 to make. will styrafoam work as a hydro medium. i really dont want to go to the local nursery to get clay pellets. i want to keep things as descrete as possible along with cheap, hence forth the homemade aspect. so yea do you think itd work?

2. that picture doesn't really make sense to me....can you do one in 2D on paint or something? Or maybe make a drawing and scan it? Thanks

3. will try but have been thinking about hydro and dont know which would grow faster and better under my limited light conditions of 8k lumens. i could make a dwc or ebb and flow as shown above. the ebb is to complicated for me to ponder right now and the dwc im kinda iffy on