Home made grow box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrowMassGrass, Oct 24, 2012.

1. The dimensions are 2x3x3 usin 2 55 watt cfls and atm have 2 13 watt cfls until i go get some 26 watters. Before adding the intake fan the temp right below the lights was 96. I know its messy now, but will be all nice and tidy when ready to start growing. On the inside i made some ghetto ducting with a fan blowing in on one side, ancmd one blowing out of the cabinet on the other side, with 3 holes throughout the ducting to grab some hot stale air sitting around the top. I have the circulation fan and the intake fan hanging because the vibration was just ridiculous.

This i need to know.... How does everyone else using only cfls keep the heat down because its pretty damn tricky with this small amount.

Attatching pics when i plug my phone in.

2. Here they are.

Attached Files:

3. My temps have been super high..... maybe because its in a pretty blocked off area... not much air leaks? I put a 2 inch hole in my wall, going outside... Its covered by paneling and i broke a chunck on the piece in front of the hole to allow circulation and its bringing in new fresh, cool air.. But its a little high up, actually about the same height as the cabinet but on the opposite side of the exhaust, almost directly above the intake fan (about 3 feet above it lol). Will this fix my temp problems? About 4 inches below the bulbs its about 90-92 F

4. hey man i grew in 2 rubbermaid tubs and it was a problem that ppl who grew that way experienced.. what i did was i made and intake and outtake hole on opposite sides of the lights which i had at the top... i then cut plexi glass and taped it to the sides of the tub below the lights... that way the heat of the lights would stay in the light chamber not in the grow chamber and have a fan in the intake so the outside air will blow at the lights and cool down the air and blow the hot air out the outtake hole

try it out if u like

5. I think i might just buy another led panel and go with those.

6. For a day and a half theyve stayed this size..... Im hoping that theyll do something by tonight. Even if they strectch to the sky, just do something.

Attached Files:

7. can't argue with that. Probably your best cheapest option.

8. I have a question... Moving air is cooler than standing air, right? So if my temps are 87 where my plants are, with a fan blowing on them, then that would be fine right? I have been thinking that they may not be growing as quick as they should because i cant give them the light they need, but when i do its too hot.

Attached Files:

9. Well the smaller seedling just ended up shriveling and dying so i pulled it.... And now my other is doing the same thing

ForumRunner_20121031_110536.png

I just realized that this is my old soil, pre-fertilized , and was actually used for about 3 weeks, could the watering that occured released the nutrients and now the seedlings are being over fed?