Home Made Bubbleponic System

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by zeroshawdow, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Hello GC ! This is my Home Made Bubbleponic System

Bubbleponic Box

Rubbermaid 10 Gallons
    Air Pump 30 Gallons
    Air Stone Bed
    Air Tubes
    2 Net Cups 6"
    Total Cost = $24.94

This is from my 3rd Grow I took 2 seedlings (The worst one I won't lie) lol and transplanted from soil to hydro today they are under 100 watts of CFL Daylight with 12 seedlings more but those are in soil, this is my for first shot with hydro so I'm gonna go easy for now.

This is my low budget setup I will let you know if it works there some pics.

Nutrients

FloraGro
    FloraBloom
    FloraMicro
    SuperThrive

Attached Files:

2. Why would you use 6 inch net pots? 3 inch is fine.

3. I realized that when I got home, but since is my forst shot at hydro at the same time i told myself they are big but they are just two, well see how it goes, thanks for stopping by

4. Sounds good. Good luck man. Kee us updated!! Also not sure if you know or not but hydro water should be between 5.2 and 5.8 ph. Hydroton adds ph for some reason and it seems to always climb on me so start out at 5.2 an let it gradually go to 5.8.

5. Thanks right now is 6.0 is that ok until next week ?

6. Eh for the best results Id get it down but it should be ok.

7. Hello GC ! A little update I made another bubbleponics more eficient (I think) and use less water I had 2 6" Net Cups on a 10 Gallons Rubbermaid now they are on 2 gallons rubbermaid container and I put 4 2" Net Cups, They are two different batchs the little ones are older than the other ones we'll see !

Attached Files:

8. nice rig. One suggustion though. The majority of cfl's light is emitted on the coil's side. I'd try to find a way to get those suckers sidewast up there and a reflector of some sort at some point to house them. Even if you just flip them sideways they will get a lot lore light than the way you have it.

Good luck

9. Yeah, what Kono says CFLS are more effective horizontal! get all that light and plus, a Ph of 6 might be a little high, Might want to hear green out about ph... To summarize, you want to start of with a low Ph and progressevily let it get higher as plant matures ...

I am Diggin the DWC set-up, just made one myself, though Im kinda regretting that I din't make at least Single DWC buckets, I like the Idea of being able to control Each plant individually, though more tedious.

10. Thanks I will try to make a reflector and put the CFL sideway, thanks a lot for that advice.
    Thanks !!!!

11. Hey Guy I moved my lights they are sideway now much better and I put MYLAR to the top of the Ghetto Reflector ! Thanks !

PS: I add 2 Clones from a Female Plant I got

Attached Files:

12. Nice job man. good looking setup now i'd say. If you believe plants can smile its doing it on one of your pics.

13. Thanks ! Keep Watching !

14. HELP, I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE PH THE WHOLE DAY AFTER I SET THE PH TO 5.8 - 6.2 2 HRS LATER I CHECK THE PH AGAIN AND GOES STRA8T TO THE FLOOR 4.0 OR BELOW, URGENT HELP FROM PEOPLE WITH SAME PROBLEM AND HOW THEY RESOLVED THAT ! tHANKS

15. I hate to say it but i would dump it and start frash

What type of water are you using?

Once you use ph down a few times you'll now about how many mls to use to drop it enough.

Im using about 14 galons of water and about 10 ml drops my overall ph about .2

test ph after you have added all intended nutrients. then add ph down. i'd shoot for about 5.8

16. also i always check my ph about every hour for first couple of hours after i change the reservoir.

17. Thanks for the advice but I did what you told me to and the thing is after a couple of hours the PH goes down again by itself, whay could be ?

18. Guys I guess it was the dirt on the roots of the last 2 plants because today the PH has been steady at 6.0 that's good news for me, the leaf still look a little droopy but they are green so i guess i have to wait, wish me luck with this one.
    :cool:

19. On you next round i would get rockwool cubes. gets them used to only water feed from the start easy to tran splant into their hydroton homes.I'm a little late but i'm gonna start a journal of my bubbleponics. Thanks for the inspiration.

20. i will be watching because i also am setting up a 18 gal res DWC