HOME GROW BUILD

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CO BlueGreen, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Colorado Home Grow Compliance Garden
    PART 4

Hopefully you have reviewed PART 1,2, &3 of the GROW ROOM BUILD, if not please go over to my content and check out 1-3 so you are up to speed with the build/

Day 28 of Bloom
    IMG_5316.JPG

Day 33 of bloom, 30 days to go
    IMG_5319.JPG

Close up of the flower pictured above.
    IMG_5354.jpg

The Pantry/Nursery Cabinet:

In the cabinet I have a nursery on the top shelf. The lower area is used for storage of items that are needed occasionally.

IMG_5328.JPG

The nursery is the key to reliable perpetual harvests. Here I keep two mother ‘OGee Crasher’ and ‘Chem Brulee’ plants on the left kept dwarfed using bonsai techniques. On the right are ‘Chem Brulee’ cuttings for the next crop cycle. The cuttings occupy a space that will grow to Veg the two best of the five. In Oregon I kept my Moms "bonsai-ed" to save space. One Mom was 5 years old when I finally shut down the Oregon grow when we moved to Colorado.

IMG_5380.JPG

When the vegging plants are moved to the bloom chamber this Veg/clone space converts to cuttings for the next crop. Mothers are still on the left.

IMG_5269.JPG

Here is a look at the system under the white plastic cover used to shade underneath. I root in rock wool (see previous photo) and plant to hydroton in #1 Air-Pots (see below) From this point on everything is on a top feed continuous flow 24 hours a day. I have found that this provides an oxygen and nutrient rich root environment as the solution trickles through the clay pellets. From here the best two clones will be grown to Veg for 3-4 weeks and then up potted to a #3 Air-Pots and moved to the Bloom chamber to Veg for 2 weeks then flip to bloom.

IMG_5325.JPG

end of PART 4, check back for more.

• Like Like x 2
  2. That's an interesting grow style! Your able to transplant from the #1 to #3 airpots with no problems?
    Anyway I like it and have never seen that before. Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, when I transplant from #1s to the #3 I will:

start with clean hydroton and pots

Put 2” of pellets in bottom of #3

Release the lock screw on the #1 and place #1 inside #3.

carefully open the #1 and slide the open #1 straight up. Loose pellets will tumble down.

stabilize the young plant with one hand and place hydroton around the baby keeping it centered and at the proper elevation in the #3.

that’s it, place into your hydro system and grow.

I don’t have transplant shock when I do this.

I like the hydroton. For my system, it is really easy to remove the roots by floating. The soak the pellets in a small tub, pick out the floaters, and then sterilize with dry heat in my oven.

I have very little waste to through away with each crop cycle. I’m in pain most of the time so it works for me, they are lightweight and with a small Grow I don’t require much.

In the end I do dispose of a solid root ball about 5” diameter And some stringy roots that grew out of the Air-Pot into the black well buckets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Good looking grow

Sent from my SM-N976V using Grasscity Forum mobile app