holy shit just got hit by a drunk driver

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vitamin 420, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Every week there's an Audi meetup at one of the restaurants in downtown, and tonight on my way back I didn't feel like taking market street back up to my house, since the road is torn up for construction and it fucks with my suspension, so I decide to take the backroads. I'm driving through the dark roads all chilled out and relaxed (you can guess why...), about to go up this hill that sharply curves to the left, when all the sudden I see the headlights of another car coming down the hill, looking dead at me, and I hear his tires squealing. After about a half-second, I realized that the front of this big ass fuckin F350 was going to plow right through me, so I swerve to the right and look away, bracing for the impact. Sure enough, he slams right into the side of my car, but thankfully not into me.

After a couple of seconds I realized I got hit pretty hard, so I inched it to the side of the road and stepped out to examine the damage. and instantly I was relieved that I swerved out at the last second. There's three panels on the car that took damage; the back quarter-panel is caved in so bad I can hardly drive without the wheel rubbing (my car has coilovers so it's pretty low), and the entire rear door is bent in with two huge gashes across it, and then there's some damage to the driver-side door too. Overall, I'd say a good 4-5k to repair the car, and even more if there's suspension damage as well (which it feels like there is)

So I dunno what's gonna go down, I'll take pics tomorrow in the am, but I think the insurance company is going to opt to total it. Body work is not cheap by any means on these cars, and I can't drive it anywhere, plus since it's AWD they'd have to get a flatbed to tow it.... man, fucking unbelievable. Don't drink and drive!

2. damn thats crazy, you dont live in cali do you?

3. sounds like he lives in frisco when hes talkin about market street.

4. that's crazy.....did he flee?? insurance should have that covered right?

5. sorry for hittin ya man ... i knew i should never have driven

6. thats crazy, I'm glad you made it out with no injuries. Sucks about your car though.
    Usually insurance companies will write off the car if the damage is worth more that the redbook value of the vehicle.

I hope you got the other driver's info.

7. im an audi enthusiest too man... what model do you have

8. I LOVE audi's damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

That sucks...

9. sorry to hear that.. Audi's are my favorite cars

[​IMG]

mmm

10. Damn, good thing you're okay. What happened to the other driver?

11. [​IMG]

Sorry for the low-quality pic, it was like 8:30 in the am and I didn't wanna tinker with the cell phone camera settings to make it better. Anyways, I'm sure you guys can see the extent of the damage...

Nasrudin: the other guy was driving an F350, his car has maybe two scratches on it :p He was piss drunk though, I doubt he even knew how fast he was going.

suburbantoker: I (used to?) drive a b5 a4 1.8t. Chip, intake, coilovers, exhaust, FMIC. I was just about to put in my water/meth injection kit, but I guess not anymore. Not for a while at least. :mad: what about you?

mac_user/luvskush: I live in Seattle actually haha. Market is just the road everyone knows here, because it leads right into downtown from the residential areas of the city.

12. ah that sucks man... I used to drive a b5 S4 with twin ko4's, downpipe, full 3" kit and chipped... had to sell it when I moved into my new apt... that was such a sad day getting rid of her... good luck man the damage looks fixable if you have insurance.

13. damn dude glad youre okay, I got in a car wreck when I hit a patch of ice around a curve and me and a truck collided. My babys ruined right now :(

[​IMG]

14. Getting hit always sucks...

Did you get the drivers info?

I had an Audi S6 Avant...AWD, too.

15. You lucky fuckin bastard.

Here's what you do. Go to a doctor and say you were hit by a drunk driver and have "chronic" pain somewhere. Ask him some questions and try to get a form for a medical mary license.

BINGO!

16. i got a b5 2.8, not much under the hood, but its lowerd with a lot of exterior/interior mods. i like luxury, i dont need to go fast as fuck (even tho my car would still take a LOT of cars, especially from a rolling start)

17. Did you get his plate #? i can see a lawsuit coming...

18. back and neck pains man! they are the hardest to lose. sue the shit out of him. i would have got out of the car and fuckin slapped his stupid ass in the face.

19. MY NECK, MY BACK! MY NECK AND MY BACK! OWWW!! IM SUING FOR FIFTY THOUSAND!!! lol

20. But ill settle out of court for 20 right now :cool: