Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

holy fucking shit!!! this is unbelievable and help me out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by reachin4cloud9, Feb 5, 2011.

1. #1 reachin4cloud9, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    ok so i got this ash catcher and i like never cleaned it. i got it used too and when i got it i think it was orange but u could see into it. so after my prolonged use its dark black/brown and u cant see in it and for a while smoke tasted like shit then it got to be a problem where i could only put a few drops of water in it without it overflowing into the bowl.
    next thing i know i cant put water in it and bowls dont light. i figured shit its clogged. so i went to clean it. keep in mind its about 4 in tall so it keeps a fair amount of water in it.

4hours later and 3 bottles of iso and a shiiiit load of salt i cleaned my fairly clean bong and the dirt ass ash catcher.

heres the catch. my ash catcher is supposed to be clear!!!!!! like NO color at all!!! and out of curiosity i poured all the ash into a bucket and let it dry. i have a nice tennisball size piece of ash/resign and black hands!!!

now heres the problem. im out of iso and the downstem thing that goes down from the bowl is still like completely clogged up with ash and theres still chunks that are stuck to the sides and are impossible to get off!!! i shook it for a good 30 min straight and even ran hot water through it after and nothing...

i cannot get more iso my parents are all curious why i have three empty ones in my room and i cant go out to get any for at least a week (my cars fucked up it wont go over 30mph and is in the shop!)

is there at least an equal option to iso?? listerine maybe??? i at least need to unclog the tube from the bowl with a q tip but i need something like iso to use!!! this thing is fucking disgusting

edit-- look at it before posting it looks nearly exactly like this and the end of the stem is diffused
    http://www.pizbismokeshop.com/media...f42dca9de82fb58b1/c/l/clear_ash_catcher_1.jpg

2. Whats the strongest alchohol you have? Idk if normal 40% vodka would work but I have cleaned before with 75% black licorice.

3. ewww. how could you let your ash catcher get that dirty?

Since you dont want to use alcohol, you cold try getting it out manually if you have a large paper clip or a poker thingy. I forget what they're called...

Or you could just use your bing without the ash catcher

4. Hmmm listerine is an interesting idea. I say try it!
    You could just scrape it???
    But after you get it clean, clean it wwaayy more often, man. Cause if ISO isnt doing it, it must be really really nasty

5. all i gots beer some wine and about a shot left of some 70 proof(35%)

6. got no other bowl pieces! and its like on the verge of smokeable!

7. maybe lemon extract juice?? i got some of that... cascade??? idk i just need to clean this... toothpaste?? listerine??? whats best

8. That's gross man, i couldn't see a downstem gettign clogged with weed, you aren't smoking you're weed like you should, are you pushing it down the stem when it's black? You should put a medium sized bud at bottom of bowl to secure the goods, then pack it, then when it is white ash, dump into ash tray.

Tell your parents you smoke weed, it makes your life more enjoyable among other beneficial things, you do it in moderation, and there are zero adverse health affects, and you can use it even though it's illegal as long as they let you blaze inside, where the feds wouldn't get ya.

Anyways, it's common sense, find something longer and skinnier than the actual stem, push it into stem until shit comes out.

edit: tell your parents, because they'll eventually find out or suspect, and as of now they probably think you're huffing.

9. go grab some tooth picks or a nail or something that and push the shit in the bulb

10. Dude, is this question "i cleaned my pieces, i'm out of ISO, my downstem has resin goo on the sides of it, how do i clean it's unbelievable!!!" ?

I thought you were saying your stem is so clogged with weed and ash that water can't even get through, none the less smoke.

Can smoke and water pass through your downstem?

11. look at the picture of it... i dont think u know what an ashcatcher is... and when u do look at the stem that comes down from the bowl... its not a downstem but what do i call it??? oh and its diffused at the end and i can stick something down it it just doesnt clean it... and they found out i smoke i showed em the union and everything... still got in ALOT of trouble. they are ignorant so its best to hide it

12. #13 reachin4cloud9, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    it is i mean i can get maybe a needle through untill the bottom cuz its diffused and it made it get clogged... it is really the thickness of about two toothpicks

and no i cannot smoke it there is no airflow... look at the link to the picture... ull understand more

13. diffused end... all it does is pack it tighter and tighter at the bottom

14. I know what an ashcatcher is, i was confused by the way you explained it...so all bascially

You have a very impractical ash catcher with a non-removal downstem, and your diffuser holes are clogged and you can't reach them.

I'd just look around your house for anything similar to alcohol, or some sort of liquid cleaner. You probably don't have anything to clean it, so now just get some iso and fill your catcher with it 100% so it covers the holes too.

If your parents know and are still wondering why you had the alcohol tell them, i feel bad for you considering they don't approve of MMJ and aren't on your ass about the alcohol considering huffing is retarded, kills insane amount of brain cells and it's easy to kill yourself.

15. Dude, you're making it hard to help you

If i were you, i'd push it all down until it comes out of the main whole and the diffuser holes.

edit: wow, i see the pic of your ash catcher, it only has diffuser holes and no main holes?

16. shitty bub imo idk man wait to get more iso or do someting else get a bub with a pullout slide

17. or save up and buy a vape and you will never have to worrie about resin and cleaning i have glass and i clean it after every sesh treat your glass nice dont let it get a clog

18. yea thats about sums it up.. and trust me i filled it full at least 5-6 times buut i just got an idea!!! nail polish remover or cologne. that has alota alcohol...

and yea thats gay about my parents. they sed the union is a movie made up by stoners and has fakes talking and they sed well its illegal anyway so none of tht matters anyway. plus theyre like all u do is compare it to other bad things... dont do anything bad
    and ya i told em i was cleaning my snake cage with it but my dads all stumped cuzmy roomsmells like wet ash and just straight ass. i told em i took a huge shit.. ha

19. tell them its only illigal becuse of racism and evil goverment controll but i bet your parents worship the goverment