Holes in top leaves of plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by herbalist9, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Vermont grower here, I started 2 plants indoors on June 2 and moved them outside on July 27 (ran out of space/lights were too small) and ever since then they've been doing great. they are now both over 2 feet tall and their stems are very thick and sturdy. I checked them today to water them and make sure they survived the heavy rains from a couple days ago and they seemed to be doing better than ever.

I examined them closely and noticed on one of the plants that there were holes in the top leaves. They weren't very large and haven't seemed to affect the plant, but I'm wondering if there are any bugs/pests harming my plants.

Also, I know flowering is supposed to be starting sometime this week/next week in my area because the days are becoming shorter, so when will i be able to see the first signs of preflowers/determine gender?

thanks for any help.

2. [quote name='"herbalist9"']Vermont grower here, I started 2 plants indoors on June 2 and moved them outside on July 27 (ran out of space/lights were too small) and ever since then they've been doing great. they are now both over 2 feet tall and their stems are very thick and sturdy. I checked them today to water them and make sure they survived the heavy rains from a couple days ago and they seemed to be doing better than ever.

I examined them closely and noticed on one of the plants that there were holes in the top leaves. They weren't very large and haven't seemed to affect the plant, but I'm wondering if there are any bugs/pests harming my plants.

Also, I know flowering is supposed to be starting sometime this week/next week in my area because the days are becoming shorter, so when will i be able to see the first signs of preflowers/determine gender?

thanks for any help.[/quote]

Without a picture hard to tell. But my best guess is either a catipillar, or ants. The way to determine the sex, is with a male, it will have little sacks, female they have white hairs coming out between a node.