Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding the hit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BudDub, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Hey gang. Newbie smoker here. I've been wondering about holding a hit. I know you're supposed to hold it as long as you can, but isn't there a point of diminishing return? Like, how much more THC is absorbed after holding for 20 seconds vs 40 seconds vs 60 seconds? Is it worth holding it that long?

Thanks guys!

2. Hold it in for a good 5 secs and your good, you don't need to hold it in much more than that or you are just gonna have lack of oxygen and kill brain cells.

3. all the thc is absorbed in about 3-5 seconds. Holding it longer is just bad for you.

4. Anymore than a couple seconds is just a waste of time.

5. quick question GC. how about vapes, how long would you recommend holding it in? since there's more THC does it take ur lungs longer to absorb the THC.

6. 3-5 seconds still

7. Wow, I never new that... Thanks guys! <3

8. Some people prefer to hold in vapor a couple seconds longer because it contains more THC per hit than regular smoking. But honestly, the THC is absorbed so fast that it doesn't make that much of a difference IMO.

9. Always 3-5 seconds. Any more is just unneeded lung and brain damage.

10. i've always held it for about 10 seconds, but i guess i'll listen to you guys now.

11. Usually new smokers hit small, so no more than a couple of seconds, but shit like bong hits and all that you shouldnt hold it more than 5 seconds, anything longer is bad for your body.

12. LOL brain damage from holding your breath..

Smoke displaces some of the oxygen, but in any case you would pass out long before any even temporary brain damage would occur

13. Anytime after 5 seconds most of the THC is gone and your just depriving your brain of oxygen making you feel more stoned. I usually hold my bong rips / blunt hits a good 4 seconds and then breath out slowly.