Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding smoke longer....

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Gag On Grass, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Heres what I do, if I have plenty of weed I just inhale either a huge hit and breath in and out smoothly or I take a small hit suck it in and hold it for a few seconds.

If I less money to spend on weed and want to conserve I take hits and hold for like 10-15 seconds.

I also often breath out either until some smoke comes out or right before, and then suck the air back in quickly then exhale.

I feel that getting the smoke moving causes more absorbtion of THC and cannibinoids because it is promoting more lung tissue contact.

2. I usually hold it till I feel its been long enough then slowly exhale. What I love is even with all this time smoking I can still hold my breath for over a minute.

3. not a hour in every day goes by that im not high... and i can hold my breath for 2 mins.

I usually smoke pipes, so i have a toke, inhale, toke, inhale, toke, inhale n then hold in for 5 secs and then exhale. Will get you high.

4. I utilize the "buddah belly" technique when smoking usually...this involves using the lower diaprham muscles to inhale. The stomach starts to swell, and I can inhale more at one time. This is a technique used by professional singers to fill their lungs to capacity

5. I normally hold it for around 5 seconds on adverage I guess. Never really count/time it.

6. If you ain't chokin', you ain't tokin'

I love that line.

I know what you mean, if you like flex your face (yeah it sounds dumb) you don't cough.

7. actually i meant like flexin my upper body, you know, my massive muscles scare the smoke into stayin inside me :p

8. aha word.

9. i agree, that follows the laws of anatomy...movement of diaphram exposes lung tissue not normally exposed, as with coughing.

10. yeah that happens to me sumtimes if u hold it too long ull burp it out or hiccup it out like minutes later its creepy but when u take a big hit an not much comes out its supposedly really bad for ur lungs

11. Here's my personal method:

When I'm taking a hit, I inhale really slowly, but much longer, often times inhaling for 20 seconds or more.:smoking:

12. I inhale as deep as I can and I hold it for as long as I can.. I get the best experience that way.

13. I remember when I verrrrry first smoked, I was with my sister and she was telling me to hold it in as long as possible. Then I held in my first hit for about 2 minutes, and she starts freaking out about how I need to breath!

14. did you like not inhale? :p

15. I got some neg rep about my holding in thing, and I'd like to clarify that I CHOOSE to burp it out after a long hold then swallow 'cause it looks cool. I KNOW how to breathe smoke. I choose to swallow occasionally when I'm as fucked as can be. Sort of like a party trick.

16. Up here in Long island

we call those rounds where u hold ur hits in chicago's

idk why just do.

Im actually sending Waytoomany.com a video of me and my friends going like 7 rounds with out blowing out ur smoke it pretty funny
    one of my friends actually passes out during the video

ill put on this site once i figure out how to. :eek:

im kinda retarded when it comes to that shit

17. I seriously just suck in smoke, hold it for maybe 3 seconds and I get high as fuck every single time, I dont pay much attention to counting or any bullshit while smoking, it doesnt make a noticable difference if you hold it for 3, 5 or 7!

18. A few days ago me and a friend had only enough for like 2 bowls.. maybe a bit less so I wanted to hold it in as long as I could I held it for like 35-45 seconds then exhaled and hardly any smoke came out then about 2 mins later I burped and a bunch came out :)

19. I guess I get pretty ripped just by holding it for about 3-5 seconds. I never have to conserve weed though;);).

20. #40 Adlutex, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    My usual hit 20 to 30 sec , my last hit 1:02 (5 minutes ago :p) , my record 1:25 from first inhale, there were 4 or 5 inhales. It felt so good , that I don't remember exactly how I did this madness :p...