Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"holding it in"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skeetreese, Mar 6, 2010.

1. so my good smoking buddy always says "when you take a big hit hold it in your lungs as long as possible to get the most out of it. don't just exhale right away"

i was smoking dank with some random and he exhaled a second or two after inhaling. i questioned him about it and he told me dank weed is just going to hit you there's no need to hold it in.

someone clear this bullshit up for me

thanks [;

2. THC gets absorbed within about 3-5 seconds, there is no need to hold it in any longer.

For your friends who think it seems more effective, it's because holding your breathe cuts off oxygen to the brain, which you then lose brain cells, which makes you lightheaded. :)

3. With any weed, after 3-4 seconds, you would have absorbd as muc THC as you can from the smoke.

4. I don't know if you are a smoker (I'm an ex-smoker) but I have always just smoked weed like I would a cigarette and I have always gotten high. Well, unless the weed sucks which is the case here lately.

5. 75% of the THC in the smoke is abosrbed into your body within the first second in inhalation. Really, anything over 3-4 seconds not only doesn't get you higher, but it puts a large amount of tar and other shit into your lungs

6. looks like everyone is saying the same thing. thanks guys.