HoKuSPoKuS420 : Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HoKuSPoKuS420, Sep 8, 2003.

1. iv heard of ppl growing with black lights, dont mean its a good thing.
    1000w lights r dying out over here, most growers, the "cash crop boys"use 600s cus u can grow a good tall plant and they cover a good size ground. most ppl that use 1K lights use them to grow trees the size of a erm a erm....tree! not the bushes that most ppl that grow 4 own use or cash croppin do. ther is a good reason 4 that. big trees r a waste of time unless u wanna boast that " my 1s bigger than ur 1" kinda deal, i bet they drive cars with huge V8s in them aswell when a 2lr will do the job just aswell. ask woody wot lights he uses and y.

like u just said a 400 is ideal for 8-20, so y put a 1k in a 16sqft grow? after the price of feed etc that extra light has doubbled the price of the grow. u wont get twice the bud.or if u did it wud take a hell of a lot longer using even more electric.

HoKuSPoKuS420
    http://www.cannagenetics.com/modules.php?name=CannabisIndex&strain=Northern_Lights_5_x_Haze.xml

2. exactly, the only advantage a 1000w has it it penetrate deeper into the canopy. 2 400s would be better than 1 1000w light because they can be spread apart to cover more area. i was mistaken when i said 1000watts is ideal for 16sq. ft.

thats why i said

jezuz cripes, i'm stoned half the time, gimme some room for mistakes.

3. lol fair enough. thing is tho is if sum guy busts his arse getting the cash then spending it on a 1k then busts his arse tryin to pay the electric bill cus u say its a good idea and he thinks u know wot ur talkin bout cus ur a mod then that aint on.

2x400w's wud be nice, but its twice the lamps to buy, hang and ajust. u cud start and veg under 1 lamp then add the 2nd after they go into flower. that wud b sweet.

i still think just 1 400 wud do the room but a 600 wud make it a lot easyer. 1k no way!

4. yeah, 1 or 2 400s will be great. my last harvest was great, and it was done wiht a 150w HPS in a 2' x 2' cab. just make sure you have the light evenly distributed over the entire garden.

and you should never trust what someone is saying just because their a mod. all being a mod means is that you have a responsibility to keep the city running smoothly, and help people out. its not like one day your just a regular guy and the next you know everything and command respect. i know you dont beleive that but i'm just throwing it out there:)

<marquee>StoneD</marquee>

5. Go with whatever light you need. If your going comercial throw in 2 600w or one 1000w. If you want allot of bud and some to sell use a 600w. If all you grown will be smoked by you and some toking buddies a 400 will do fine.

If our going to use a 400 you should think about sectioning the box a foot and make a veg/cloning chamber and a mom chamber. Once you get beyond a point all you need is more watts to yeild more, and if you put the plants in a smaller area you can actualy yeld less.

If your doing LST plan on veging a while because trained plants grow slow, but it will pay off in the end. The veg chamber will come in handy with this and let you get more harvests per year.

6. i think that was one of the most intelectualy sound advicei've heard in a long time:)

<marquee>SToned</marquee>

7. yeah it is good advice.

i do still think a 1k is to big. 2x400w is the most id use. if i was gonna go comercial in a space like that then id shelve the walls and have a 2 level garden or a modular scrog. either wud give more yeald a lot faster with less light than 1k trees. it wud b more work tho.

the shelf garden might use more watts depending on how it was done but wud b the higest yealder.

8. 1000 w is way to big. get what you can afford. i'd get a 400 first, and add another 400 later.;)

9. of course even after saying all that, if heat and electric wasnt a consern then a 1k light hung at celing hight and mylar walls wud light the room so well u cud do the entire grow without ever needing to ajust the light hight. [​IMG][​IMG]

10. thats true, but a 1000w light is probably gonna cost ~$50 a month or more to run:( but hell, if your gonna sell some of your yeild, and have a way to cool the light, go for it. your could easily sell enoough of that harvet to cover all your costs and then some, and still have a ton for personal use.:)

11. i was thinking more of them naughty ppl that fiddle the electric meter. it dont cost a penny to run then.

12. A 1000 watt in that box would be ~55 watts per square foot and thats not allot. A comercial grower on Overgrow has 3200 watts in ~16 square feet for a total of ~88watts per square foot. And he yeilds "just below" 1 g/w.

Optimaly you would have 2x600w hps and one 400w Mh in the center for the best yeild but thats a hardcore commercial grow.

The growers name is son-t if you want to look it up.

13. i remember reading in closet cultivator about a setup in a 4' x 4' closet with a 1000w HPS. i guess its more to each his own:p

14. i think i'll drop outta this chat.

15. You have beef son-t or is it just you dont like his commercial style?

If i had that space i would do the 400w setup with the veg box on the side and lets leave it at that.

16. if your gonna be selling some of the harvest, go ith a fixed 1000w. if its all for persoanl use and friends, go with 1 or 2 400s.:)

17. Ok that pisses me off I just wrote a book and It it Fu*ked up... Ohwell i got time. :'(

Sorry all ive been gone and havent been here to read any posts, I just woke up and decided i could cut out and houre of my schedule, I read everyones post Thanks all Great Advice I'll be using alot of it!
    Here's what i plan on doing

*2x4's ply wood
    *Flat white paint
    *400 watt (1)
    *Adding 600 Watt (1) after first harvest
    *Growing 4 plants at a time In 3 Gal buckets
    *Moving how many ever Females into 5 Gal buckets.
    *Selling a little bit. But smoking most with the guys.
    *2 Comp fans (Air out)
    *1 Comp fan (air in)
    * Base fans ( Air circulation inside ) Probably attached to the side walls
    * Maybe a Cloning area (havent decided yet)

I think i covered pretty much everything but i doubt it.
    Sorry once again, I drew up plans in paint, I'll attach the picture. I'm no architect so it might not be 100% accurate but once can understand what i am attempting to accomplish here.

18. you might want to make a little like 2' x 1' by like 2 1/2 ft high box for some mothers, that way after your first harvest, you can always have females. and you can clone in the same box as the mothers;)

19. Yeah, that would be a good idea. I think ill do that. Make a Small clear Plastic Box sorta like a gree house.

20. Alright , A new idea for my Box

I really dont want anyone to know im growing because people have big mouths even a slip up can have very bad results. So I am planning on making my box stealth, I don't have any clue one what i'd do to make it stealth, I want it so that if my friends see it they dont even think twice about it.

Any articles on stealth boxes or ideas that you might have found interesting or a good idea please run it by me. GReatly appreciated!

Peace