Hobos grow room setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TheGooDGooD, Sep 23, 2013.

1. #1 TheGooDGooD, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
    My grow room is 5 1/2x 5 1/2x 2 1/2 closet. i use a flurogrow 4 bulb t5. It's hung from we're you would hang your clothes.cheap walmart fan. All of which is hooked up to a power surge protected extension cord.on a timer. the walls are covered with emergency blanket Mylar. I had to make the wall on the right side of the room. The floor is carpet with plastic over top and particle board top of that. The shirts are to absorb water. Some parts are jenky but I'm proud of it.
    Questions, advice, comments please!!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. Where are you venting your warm air to? Where are you pulling fresh air from? It really does help a lot to have good air exchange.

I would put that surge protector on the wall so there's no chance of accidentally getting water on it.

3. The room isn't air tight so hot air escapes. It's not a practical solution and I have no evidence that it works but it at best what I can do rite now.. My only window is on the opposite side of the room also if I were to try to duct it out. And there's no real place to put the surge protecter other than we're it is. But I'll start working on some kind of housing for it.

4. I know what you mean by not being air tight, but I'm gonna tell you from experience those temperatures are going to be a pain in the ass. With weird temps your plants grow really wild with weird node spacing and stuff, so it really is ideal to try and get your environment under control. I'm not saying you can't grow like that - trust me, you can - but soon you're going to be bitten by the bud bug and you're going to want to try and make more and more improvements. Environmental control is very important in growing quality plants, so if you find yourself in a spot where you're thinking 'what can I do better?' that's the place to start looking. Your power strip however could be hung right on the wall with just a screw or two - most have little notches in the back that are meant to use for just this purpose. If not, even using duct tape and taping the damn thing to the wall would be safer than leaving it on the floor. Just my two cents. Like I said, you could absolutely pull something out of that closet just as is.

5. Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it and I will look into it for sure. And I'll solve what I can with the surge protecter! Thanx bro!

6. You got it champ just remember to have fun because that's what all this is about am I right?

7. Shit works, go with it. Just know this, if this works, you will, for unexplained reasons, want to upgrade.  At that point, make sure to do a LOT of research and get the best you can afford.

8. Oh defiantly.. Just getting better every chance I get