HLG Customer Service....anybody had any issues with them?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Mags&Ruby, Feb 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I placed an order on 2/4 for 4x QB 132 V2 in 3500k. On 2/7 I get notification that my order is being shipped, shipping labels created, awaiting pick up, etc. So all seems good. 2/15 still no tracking update or lights, so I email them politely inquiring about my order. 2/19 I get a reply that they are looking into my order, then another saying my lights are out of stock, somehow the lights I paid for and shipping labels were created for are gone....fine, whatever. I'm fairly reasonable i think, and shit happens, right? So they offer a few other options, of which one was the V1 of what I had ordered and a 25% refund....So I email them on 2/20 letting them know I'd take that and no reply since. Its been 18 days since I ordered. From most everything I read, their customer service was top notch, but I haven't been greatly impressed so far. 25% off is about what they were selling the V1's for after they rolled out the V2's so I kinda feel my money and time isn't much of a consideration to them. I mean I get its not a large purchase for them, but money isn't growing on trees around here. Anybody else had any issues with HLG? Maybe it's just me, Idk.

2. I’m afraid this is my fault. I order 46x QB-132s in early February and kemp tied their inventory. Sorry bout that.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

3. Nah, not your fault. They shouldn't sell what they don't have in available inventory. I mean, shit happens, but I can't get regular responses from them. I'm not irate about it, its just a bit frustrating. Wish i had the space and available funds for 46 of those though, lol.

4. I do know they are very busy right now. People are starting to get their tax returns and buying lights and stuff.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

5. Yeah, didn't really think about tax returns....

6. I got my Qb96 like 5 days after I ordered it. Not that it came with any instructions or documentation which was surprising.

7. From the sounds of it they probably are really busy. They’re a very small operation and their product is blowing up. Try and be patient you’re not wrong to be upset. And if definitely try and get more than 25% off of it’s what they were selling the other boards for. Bring it up. You have every right to. Hopefully they’ll take care of it.

I ordered a 96 elite like 3 weeks ago and it was at my house in less than 4 days.

Definitely was auto’s fault for ordering everything they had. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Regardless of size and how busy they are- there is no excuse for bad customer service these days. Emails should be answered at least in 24hours tops. I would call them and get more- if not there are other options.

9. I’m pretty sure they’re like a 3-4 person operation. So it’s understandable given the demand for their product currently.

10. If they only have 3-4 people, it is somewhat understandable, to some extent. But when other people are saying they are getting their order in a few days, and I'm on day 19 since I ordered and still don't even have my order confirmed...thats not quite as understandable. I understand being busy, but taking someones money for something that was in stock, sending an email that it was getting ready to ship, and then 12 days after it had shipping labels created for it saying "ooops, its out stock now" (and I had to inquire about where my order was to even find that out) ....that a bit less than understandable. 19 days in and they have my money, but I don't even have a confirmation on altering my order or any idea when I might get any product at all, let alone what I originally paid for? Busy or not, 3-4 people or 30-40 people....still not that understandable to take money, mess up on your orders and then not getting around to fixing it in a timely fashion. Just about everything I had heard about them was that they were really good, but that hasn't been my experience so far, just saying.

11. That’s fair. Don’t get me wrong if
    I was in your shoes I would be a mad MOFO!! And blowing their email up daily. It’s easy for me to say chill out and be patient because it not me. lol. Not gonna lie. Just don’t give up the product is truly quality. That’s all I can say.

• Like Like x 1
  12. More frustrated than outright mad about it. Don't get me wrong, I want their lights. Spent a lot of time researching and asking questions and decided to go with them based off that. And had seen and heard that their customer service was A+, so I was kind of surprised by this experience so far. I'll definitely wait them out, just might not be chipper about it, lol.

13. No reason to be chipper at this point. Just send an email everyday get on that ass. lol

• Like Like x 1