HLG-Bodhi-Notill

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CatsLoveAcid, May 30, 2021.

1. So I have grown in the last but just picked it back up, did some research snd came up with this.

HLG Scorpion Rspec
    4x4 Grassroots Fabric bed With Blumats and Double Trellis
    Bodhi: Phone Home, Unicorn Milk, Sky Lotus

Soil Is essentially coots mix using coast of maine lobster compost/ Purple Cow Activated Compost (No Manure)
    Perlite/Red Lava Rock

I was going to plant my 12 seed cover crop right away when I get the bed. I know my light will cover more than 4x4 so i’ll have some side plants. Plants are only a few days old. Since seeds are regular, can i sex them before they go in the bed?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to the world of regular seeds.
    No.
    A few weeks old you might take a guess at sex based just on shape. A few days old even that isn't useful.

Your males will be the tallest, most distance between nodes, Minimal side branching.
    Females are short, Branch early and thickly Every node pushing out side branches.

At 3-4 weeks they can be forced to flower, show sex, revert and be grown. I've never liked doing it this way. I take the long way around. Grow the plants big enough to Clone, Flower parents, Discards males.
    This way the keeper plant has never entered a flower stage and IME it's a better, stronger, faster growing plant.

Once flowered some strains always seen to be stuck in a half assed part flower appearance never fully returning to a full veg stage growth speed or appearance.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You can send in a sample of the leaf tissue from each of your plants for genetic sex testing. This is the quickest way to sex your plants, and the price reflects that. But it could be a good option.

Otherwise you can also just veg in 1-2 gal pots until they show sex, then transplant into the bed.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Man I grow bohdi. Their dreads bread is really good. Loves it outdoors. My buddy breeds different bohdi strains and has came up with fire

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sorry It was late and i was ultra stoned writing this. I meant like, can i transplant them to like 3 gal pots until they show sex then throw them in the bed? That wouldn’t lower their maximum potential as if you put them in the bed to begin with? Know what i’m saying?

My ultimate plan is to have two rooms snd one area for a mother plant or two. Nothing too big, maximum i’ll ever go right now is 4x8 flower. I wanted to learn and mess around with using pollen from bodhi, and if i can get a truly nice in-house plant and cross them.

Really want to learn more about the soil, i had teaming with microbes and it’s sister book years ago. Trying to make this into a positive hobby, it’s been a rough year. Any suggestions are welcome.

Is it cool if i mixed my soil up IN the grassroots bed? Might have to buy another tarp or big kiddy pool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. On the nail

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

7. In itnto see hlg buds

8. The babies are a mix of Sirtootsalot breeding and Paulie73. Bohdi purple leopard and Peach hasplant are the teenies. The baby bohdi are Strawberry and Snow leopard 20210727_081549.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app