HLG 135W Quantum Board LED?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MCSgrows, Jul 18, 2018.

1. I just discovered this led light after trying to sift through the many cheap Chinese LEDs and this seems like a good start. My tent is 2x2x4. What do you guys think?

2. Go for it and don’t look back!
    The light will pay for itself in 1 grow!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. If anything, you'll be disappointed in your choice to grow in a 2 x 2 x 4 grow tent. I wouldn't recommend using any kind of light in that tent besides fluorescent T5 HO light. Unless you are a master at getting maximum yield out of plants that don't get taller than 2 feet, then you're going to run into height problems. Some strains can tolerate getting close to QB LEDs, but most cannot because the intensity of the light is so bright. You'll have issues with your plant(s) growing up too close to your light and that isn't good with these LED lights. But you can get within a few inches of a fluorescent grow light and it wouldn't hurt your plants. That's my advice. Get a taller tent.

I have one of those 2x2x4 grow tents, and I only use it for drying my buds. I hang a drying rack in there, and still have an exhaust fan and carbon filter. It's just not tall enough for LED use, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 RadDuckling, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    I disagree slightly, you wont be disappointed as long as you scrog properly. Though your point regarding light intensity is very true and will damage your yeilds (I've experienced it). A taller tent would have been a godsend in my last grow. So by all means I understand why you would feel such a way.

I used the same size tent with the same light.... yielded right around 8 ounces in coco coir :) Good Luck
    20171025_043313467_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Wow that plant looks great! I think I'm gonna try this light out. Is that the quantum broad 135W in a 2x2x4?

6. Lol never mind you just said it was... if only I could read.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Be very careful with stretch during flower man, otherwise you'll be okay.

8. Would LST work with this light? If not what method should I use? I'm going to be doing just one NL auto.

9. A tight scrog would be the easiest method just because your going to need to hold down a lot branches, and a scrog is essentially the same thing as LST.

10. Also there is now a V2 that is available on growerslights.com. It says it lowers energy costs, heat and produces more output. Should I go with the V2 or V1?

11. Ok cool, do you know if I can run this light 24 or should I do 18/6? Just curious if it will burn the light up if I run 24/7.

12. Honestly haven't read up on the v2 but from what your saying I don't see why not!

13. I ran mine 18/6 but its always good to experiment. Sadly, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether running it for long periods of time would cause harm to the light.

14. Well you said I need to be careful of burning the plants and the V2 says it has more output so I wasnt sure. Maybe not enough to make a difference?

15. Well you said I need to be careful of burning the plants and the V2 says it has more output so I wasnt sure. Maybe not enough to make a difference?

16. What real benefits come from running 24/7?

17. I’m running a 100W QB in a 2x2x4 currently. These lights are awesome! Like others said, I think you’d only be disappointed with not having more space. 2 plants filled my tent up and my next run I’ll only be doing 1 plant most likely. I used LST but I’m sure a ScrOG would work great as well. Good luck!

BB864634-39A5-4AC1-9FEE-0C9D1E494ED1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. BTW I ran my QB 24/7 during veg and had no issues.

19. Awesome looking plants! Thanks for the input.

20. V2...improved intensity...more efficient ect ect...hell get ya a 3x3x6 and another light man

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk